Where do I get rails to put glass in my enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakawak

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm building a shelf system and want to use a rail system with glass or purspecs sliding doors but I can't find rails anywhere.... I am near Gatton Queensland if anyone can help me out, even if they know a good way to build my own out of wood that will last any help at all will be appreciated.

Goto Cowdroy at Archerfield you will save yourself a fortune

Better to go to the Gatton Joinery, on the other side of the railway line.
If you want PM me.
Russell

Thanks for the plug PythonLegs :)

We have spent the past year developing a glass track system designed specifically for reptile owners. Virides - Stylish Enclosure Enhancements

Granted that it is expensive compared to your typical plastic tracks, but you are paying for all the advantages that this track system offers, that others don't. Like a self closing panel which ensures that your enclosure stays shut; a large litter trap to put any gravel into and clean once a year rather than every time.

Whichever track system you go for, we have your finger grips covered also. The website processes payments automatically via Paypal, so it's easy.

i just got some ball bearing glass tracks from cowdroy and glass panels 2 x 1200x600 panels and glass installed for 300 it is expensive but if you are just doing small panels then go to bunnings and buy plastic tracks they suit 4mm glass and is super cheap and easy to set up!

Call every glass joint within driving distance.
Talk to the owners.
You would be surprised how many have off cuts just sitting gathering dust.
I got about 10 meters of dark brown rail from a local place for free when i bought my glass.
Paid a little more for the glass but saved more than $100 on rail.
They even cut it to size for me.

Call every glass joint within driving distance.
Talk to the owners.
You would be surprised how many have off cuts just sitting gathering dust.
I got about 10 meters of dark brown rail from a local place for free when i bought my glass.
Paid a little more for the glass but saved more than $100 on rail.
They even cut it to size for me.
Yea Ill try calling around, I'm gonna set up a tub system for now cause my 3 new additions will be 2 small ATM so will have plenty of time. My 3 bigger pythons already have decent sized enclosures lol but I have 8 enclosures in the making, will have to wait till I get paid again now cause I spent all the spare cash I had lol very exspensive but worth it. Thanks for all the tips guys, will try them all out and see which price and product suits me best :)

Bunnings also have the rails u r seeking. I think standard glass is 8mm thick but I stand corrected. When I get a chance I will post a pic of my enclosure. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG00274-20120126-1854.jpg
    IMG00274-20120126-1854.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG00275-20120126-1854.jpg
    IMG00275-20120126-1854.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00276-20120126-1855.jpg
    IMG00276-20120126-1855.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Status