Where in oz can I see all crocodilians?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar_Psycho

Reaction score
Just wondering which (and where) zoos in Australia have exotic crocodilian species?
I know Sydney`s Taronga Zoo has Crocodylus porosus, Crocodylus johnstoni, and Allagator mississipiensis so those three species need not be mentioned.
I had the oppostunity to see Tomistoma schlegelii (False Gavial\Gharial) and Alligator sinensis (Chinese Alligator) in a Japanese Zoo, and since they are considered the two most endangered crocodilians, Im hoping oz has some other species I can see.

Cheers, Jay

ps. If anyones interested in those two species, I have some pics Im posting soon (thought the adult Alligator sinensis are half hidden by plants)

...Dont know what they have but maybe Steve Irwins zoo in QLD?

Whos a QLD?
Whats a steve irwin?
Wheres a maybe?
Whys a crocodile?
Whens a ZOO?

Yeah I was going to try and contact them when I made it back to Oz, just checking with the pople on here first since theres the people on this site seem to basically cover most areas of Australia. Im tempted to make a trip to Melbourne for this Phillipine Crocodile, and Ive heard that Melbourne Zoo has a pretty good reptile house in general.

Sorry for the mispelling and repetition. This STUPID laptop keeps changing position and writing over my work often!!! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back