Where is the Corn snake thread?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
The thread about corn snakes has been moved after several posts breached site rules.

For the record Aussiepythons does not condone or encourage the exotic pet trade. After all the name of the site is AUSSIEpythons and that is what we are all about.

no, no dodginess!! i am not selling Max to anyone, he is going to my mate here before i head for Aus in 2 weeks.
i would hope that i am welcome here, this has offended me. :( i am Aussie! i have owned Aussie reptiles!
:(

it's cool man, this is about people living in aus deliberately breaking our wildlife laws and boasting about it. i dont believe there is any objection to the legal keeping of exotic reptiles

I don't see anything offensive in Greebo's post. All he says is the APS does not condone or encourage the exotic pet trade. For the record, Greebo is in Aus, therefore, in his context, anything not native to aus is considered exotic.

You have said you are not trading Max. If that's the case, then Greebos comments have nothing to do with you, so why are you offended?

Peace man

:)

Don't be offended

no, no dodginess!! i am not selling Max to anyone, he is going to my mate here before i head for Aus in 2 weeks.
i would hope that i am welcome here, this has offended me. :( i am Aussie! i have owned Aussie reptiles!
:(

Hi Firesnake. Don't be offended by what Greebo said. He is doing his job as a mod. This does not effect you in anyway and you are welcome here. You are legally allowed to keep them but in Australia we are not.

Something happened with a thread here about exotics that posed a questionable situation and the mods took the appropriate action that they thought was the right thing to do. If they did'nt and allowed certain things to remain they could possibly have had action taken against them for failing to act.

You are welcome as long as you post some pics of your snake we can't have.

Cheers,

shane

sorry, i took offense because i have posted about my pet for curious people and talked about my corn, and as such thought that the posts i have about corn snakes were deemed as questionable, despite the fact that i make it clear that i am in the UK and didn't get a snake off a bloke who smuggled it in his undies. :)
sure thing, i will post some cool pics when i get home (it is day time and i am at work).
i have no intention of breaking any laws and only wish i could bring my little friend with me home. :(

Can I stay

So all you lizard, tortoise, frog keepers can just clear off ;-)

Does that mean I can stay? We have lizards and dragons but we also have pythons. Was thinking about getting frogs but have changed our mind now. Will post lizards for sale soon:lol:

How was it encouraging the keeping of exotics in Aus ? it was just talking as far as i could see !
And if thats the case why do you have a section specifically for exotics in the first place ! ?

I think it's more the point that someone was basically openly flaunting the fact that they had illegal snakes and virtually asking for the DSE to come and catch them.

I think if people have exotics in their colection that's there right but they should be more discreet about it and not advertise it.

Pythonguy is probably not a bad bloke but maybe should have kept his comments to people that he knows.

It could also put Aussiepythons in an uncomfortable position if the authorities got wind of this and APS did nothing about it.

Greebo maybe could have worded his comments a bit better too. Nothing against you Greebo but I think you could of.

I didn't see anything offensive in Greebo's comments.

Our Overseas members are always encouraged to post their animals- regardless of their illegal status over here.

When Australians blatantly flaunt the fact they're breaking the law, and don't particularly care that they are, and show disrespect to every single honest keeper, then a place like this forum needs to step up, and say "We will NOT condone the illegal keeping of species. We are aware it happens, but we won't tolerate it being portrayed as something heroic, or tough- it sets a bad example for many of the young herpers who frequent this forum, and they are the future of the herp world'.

JMO.

Shamous I see your point but it certainly isn't up to APS to do anything about it. Distance themselves from anyone doing something like this by all means but that's about all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back