Where to buy pre-wired fluorescent battens?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renenet

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a fluorescent batten suitable for an 18 watt, 24 inch UVB tube. It's a T8 fitting. As far as I'm aware, a stock standard UVB tube for reptiles.

I need to get one that's pre-wired, preferably with a plug that can be removed so I can put it in the enclosure without having to make too big a hole.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? The only pre-wired batten Bunnings sells is a T4. I'll take recommendations for a local store or mail order.

Thanks,
Renenet

maybe try an aquarium store? Fluros of all varients are common over fish tanks and they would come pre wires

Bunnings have them. Here if not it will be dirt cheap to get it wired. It's only 2 wires.

Cheers Brenton

I found something that may fix what your after but will have to PM you the info.

I have found a plug in type fluro online but can't find it again unfortunately so not able to check if it was T8 globe, good luck with it tho

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm going to an electrical wholesaler tomorrow. I'll let you know what I decide.

UPDATE: The electrical wholesaler took pity on me and wired me an appropriate fluorescent batten for quite a nice price. If anyone in Cairns wants to know where I went, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back