Where to get transport liscence?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i am currently in year 11 at my high school but am also doing a Cert III tafe course in animal companionship. My teacher has asked me if i could bring my snake in soon to show the class. We were both aware that i would have to get some sort of liscence to take it to my school? is this correct?
if so, where can i get one and is it easy to get?
Thanks
Harrison

As far as I know there is no such thing as...

Only demonstrators are eligible to take reptiles to schools, parties etc.

The only time you are allowed to take your reptile(s) into public is when you are selling/purchasing, moving house or visiting a vet

Im sure its the same as in NSW, but lucky for me when I was compleating my animal care class the Teacher was a registered Vet so he brought his snakes in for a check up to escape that loop, and Im glad he did his Olive is the reason im a proud owner of 3 now

Just let her know you cant get an exhibitors licence, but may be able to bring them in for a vet check just ask the EPA if thats acceptable befor you do it though

Go and see EPA, tell them want you to do and why you want to do it and they will/should write you a letter of permission to move that animal just for the day.

In Victoria you can sometimes just ask and they will give you special permission. If all else fails write them a letter and see how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back