Which heat matt??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Ok got everything nearly finished for my N . Levis Levis enclosure

i.e research, enclosure, sand.

just wondering which heat matt would be best used for this species in an exo terra (L) 60 x(b) 45 x (h) 45 cm

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/heat_wave_desert.php

i will be housing a pair or maybe even trio in here so which size heat matt would cover the job for this species

cheers Scott

woops also forgot to add that this will obviously be on the warm side and what depth of sand should be used to to cover the heat matt ?. ( the heat matt won't be in encosure merely undernath)

cheers Scott

I would be using this size and type of heat mat.
http://wehaveitall.com.au/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=940

The reason for this is that these have an adhesive back and so can be stuck to the underside of hte tank, they also come with a couple of little knobs that raise the tank. So there is never any overheating issues.

As far as substrate depth, just experiment with it to see what temperature you want to acheive.

Cheers
D

cheers mate but i think the exo terra have the same thing i.e adhesive back with knobs to riase so i should use the 14 watt 1 with roughly 25 by 25 cm or 28 by 28 cm bout the same aii

cheers Scott

its obviously up to you what brand you choose to use.

I have used exo in the past, but simply think they are all overpriced.

And their globes, well there is a reason i dont even look at stocking them.

Cheers

ok im not purposely getting exo terra its just the one i see the most, im not really asking bout it just trying to see what would be the correct watt size and the size, so obviously the 14 watt will cover the N . Levis Levis fairly well?

cheers Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back