white lip snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BT

Reaction score
Are there any of these kept in nsw or in captivity and does anyone know were i can get on from.
thanks
blake

really, there are none
I thought they would be good pets only growing to 50cm
btw im not talking about white lipped pythons im talking about white snakes Drysdalia coronoides that are native to tas, vic and nsw

Here is a juvy one i caught last year (it was in a swimming pool that had been emptied mostly)but i wouldnt know where to start looking for c/b ones.
I think they would be hard to maintain with out a good supply of skinks, though i did manage to get one feeding on pinky legs,ect a few years ago.

Attachments

• wlws1.JPG
    wlws1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 84
  • coroa.jpg
    coroa.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 88
  • coro1.JPG
    coro1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 84
G'day mate,

There used to be a fair few in captivity but they have all since died out with very minimal captive breeding occuring. A friend and I have been searching for some in captivity for a few years now and have lots of leads but they were all dead ends.

Cheers

thanks for the replys
looks like a will be searching for a while
ssssnakeman
nice white lip there it looks simmiliar to one i caught a while ago. Their so placid for a wild snake

The last I remember seeing advertised were in 2002 and 2003. There was someone in Victoria who bred them every year for quite a while... coincidentally he lived right near a big population of them... *cough*

They're certainly not the easiest snake to look after, they're the most heat-sensitive Australian snake, and they're not easy to convince to eat mice. The same problems people have with Copperheads (Australia's second most heat-sensitive snake) are common in White-lippeds, but worse.

what type of skinks coluld you "legally" feed one. i mean would garden skinks be ok

garden skinks are just as protected as chondros lol id prob say ahg if you new they would have diseases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back