Who loves staffordshire bull terrier's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pic of me boy when he was a pup

Attachments

• Picture 227.jpg
    Picture 227.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 226.jpg
    Picture 226.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 49
They are awesome dogs, one of the best breeds you will get providing that you treat them right. My uncle had a blue heelerXstaffy - she was more like a staffy with blue heeler colouring and energy, she was such a great dog.....totally insane (eg. running full bolt into fences when chasing a tennis ball) but great nevertheless.

Very cute this is my brothers little staffy that they have just bought.. his name is Max gee he is cheeky..lol

Last edited:
cute, great personalities, do your dogs try to talk to you? some make the weirdest jibbering sounds i have ever heard..very vocal.

Am actually considering getting a staffy at the moment.Am after either a red, fawn or black and white preferably from a NSW breeder.

im a fan of staffie's, what are the parents hip scores paleoherp? has rocky had his hips done yet?

Yeah I can't remember off the top of my head, got it written down somewhere, and no I haven't had Rocky done yet and I'm not sure if I will bother, my vet, Dr Shane Simpson was telling me that the hip scoring test has been in place for the last 35 years but the incidence of hip problems has not decreased. there is a new test available in Au, but theirs only a handful of vets that are qualified to do it as it requires further study's.

Gotta love staffies, never looked back once i got mine

this is boss when he was a pup, couldnt find a recent pic he is about 12 months old now

Attachments

• boss getting ready to start trouble.jpg
    boss getting ready to start trouble.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 58
Yeah I can't remember off the top of my head, got it written down somewhere, and no I haven't had Rocky done yet and I'm not sure if I will bother, my vet, Dr Shane Simpson was telling me that the hip scoring test has been in place for the last 35 years but the incidence of hip problems has not decreased. there is a new test available in Au, but theirs only a handful of vets that are qualified to do it as it requires further study's.

don't you have copies of there certificates? seeming that you are offering stud services in the future, any serious breeding wanting there bitch to be serviced would want to have all the relevant health checks, pedigree & paperwork.
it has been proven that screening through xrays and breeding only from healthy stock have reduced hereditary hip dysplasia. There are environmental factors aswell but if you can reduce it as much as you can I don't see it being a waste of time at all. even if the severity of the hip dysplasia is decreased from breeding from healthy stock is a bonus and palming off the xray is not going to help reduce hip dysplasia in the future.
The system in Australia is still very young and we have a long way to go compared to other countries. Australia started grading hips 20 years ago but it has only become compulsory since 2000 with the introduction of the AVA / ANKC canine hip & elbow dysplasia scheme (CHEDS). Im not sure on the new test your talking about but Ive heard of another treatment, juvenile pubic symphysidesis (JPS). Is that what your talking about?

Mate grown up with staffies all my life, mum used to breed them. below is Jessie and her son, Bean. They are the most loyal pet you can find. Great guard dogs too, although mine dont exactly get along with anything other than staffies (besides humans of course) staffies are really something special

Attachments

• Beanie+Jessie!!!.jpg
    Beanie+Jessie!!!.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 52
don't you have copies of there certificates? seeming that you are offering stud services in the future, any serious breeding wanting there bitch to be serviced would want to have all the relevant health checks, pedigree & paperwork.
it has been proven that screening through xrays and breeding only from healthy stock have reduced hereditary hip dysplasia. There are environmental factors aswell but if you can reduce it as much as you can I don't see it being a waste of time at all. even if the severity of the hip dysplasia is decreased from breeding from healthy stock is a bonus and palming off the xray is not going to help reduce hip dysplasia in the future.
The system in Australia is still very young and we have a long way to go compared to other countries. Australia started grading hips 20 years ago but it has only become compulsory since 2000 with the introduction of the AVA / ANKC canine hip & elbow dysplasia scheme (CHEDS). Im not sure on the new test your talking about but Ive heard of another treatment, juvenile pubic symphysidesis (JPS). Is that what your talking about?

As far as the hip scoring goes I can only tell you what my vet told me and that is that the current tests in Australia are potentially flawed and there was a new test developed in the USA but I don't remember what the test is called and if I do decide to offer him for stud then no doubt I will probably have the new test done. Dr Shane Simpson is one of the only vets in Australia currently qualified to do so.
I am not an expert in breeding dogs, again I can only tell you what my vet has told me.
Any way here is a look at his blood line.
Cheers
Jason.

Attachments

• pet.jpg
    pet.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 106
Our lil Lennox, definately one of the family! a better natured dog you will not find ~ all they need is love....

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 74
can tell you all those dogs are good. I was at Warree kennels on friday. i used to breed with Mark Bootle (Warree)known him for 20 yrs. i saw warree Red wallace being born and he was a good dog have not seen many better for red dogs( i shared and bred mark's other line they had more old school temperement).i wil put my house and kids none of the Warree dogs have any problems..

can tell you all those dogs are good. I was at Warree kennels on friday. i used to breed with Mark Bootle (Warree)known him for 20 yrs. i saw warree Red wallace being born and he was a good dog have not seen many better for red dogs( i shared and bred mark's other line they had more old school temperement).i wil put my house and kids none of the Warree dogs have any problems..
Mark does bred the best reds i have seen in comfermation ,alot of my mates have bought his dogs lines. If i was going to get a red it would be from him for sure.
cheers

Heres a pic of my guys as pups.
They would be 2 years old now and are very solid dogs.
Unfortunately I sold the female interstate sometime ago due to personal reasons.

Male: Tai AKA Lord Of Orient (black brindle) is down from Grand Ch: Boldhart Booker Bates etc.

Female: Gem AKA Tigers Gem (tiger brindle) is down from a long list of champs & grand champs also.

Attachments

• tai&gem.jpg
    tai&gem.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 74
Dont forget the staffy X's here is a beautiful BALL MAD no nutz dog named 'ROLY'...love him to bits ...
DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1560.jpg

Wonderful breed,very loyal and happy go luucky dogs!I have had staffys for most of my life and bred them for ten yrs and never had any trouble selling them to familys.They love people lol!This is a pic of 'Boss' !

Attachments

• P3020053.jpg
    P3020053.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 87
There are Staffy Breeders, then there are Staffy Breeders. I spent 3 or 4 months researching breeders before I made my decision, which is a must if you are going to spend the big bucks.

Am actually considering getting a staffy at the moment.Am after either a red, fawn or black and white preferably from a NSW breeder.

rams..... just remind me to get you the number of a guy i know that breeds champion staffies in nsw

nice pics guys :) gotta love staffs... i'll post some pics of my girl when i change computers :)

KEEP THE PICS COMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back