Who should i call?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Lobster

Reaction score
Okay, here is the situation.
I was speaking to a girl today, and she told me that they "somehow" (I don't know how, she refused to tell me) came across an injured young ringtail possum. I immediately told her she should give it to a wildlife carer, as this girl has had no experience with native wildlife apart from childhood trips to the zoo. She also stated that once it is better, she wants to keep it as a pet. I didn't hesitate to tell her that this was extremely illegal. This lead to her giving me the "Who do you think you are?" speech, followed by the "Whats anybody going to do about it?" lecture.

Since the RSPCA barely go near wildlife cases, who should i report this to just to make sure the possum is in the correct care?

''who should i call''
ghoast busters!

but siriously i think wires are good i think they have them in vic (not too shaw)

Yea, just ring your closest national park and wildlife service mate. Im sure they will take the matter very seriously. Pretty sure you dont have to tell them your name or anything either champ.
Good on ya mate, i would do the same thing!

Call Wildlife Victoria for injured or prphaned wildlife.

You can ring Wildline 0500 540 000 any time day or night for information on sick or orphaned wildlife in Victoria.
They have carers, shelters, transporters and rescuers who are all volunteers and are in your local area.
I am actually a "wildliner" myself and we are trained to get people to give up wildlife which they find by explaining all the complex requirements a baby possum actually requires.
Does she realise that it needs stimulation to go to the toilet?
We tell them that they can not keep the animal as it is illegal however they can register to become a legalised carer and look after all the possums they like.
Can you get her information so we can speak to her before the possum dies?
Chris 0412 768 088

You can ring Wildline 0500 540 000 any time day or night for information on sick or orphaned wildlife in Victoria.
They have carers, shelters, transporters and rescuers who are all volunteers and are in your local area.
I am actually a "wildliner" myself and we are trained to get people to give up wildlife which they find by explaining all the complex requirements a baby possum actually requires.
Does she realise that it needs stimulation to go to the toilet?
We tell them that they can not keep the animal as it is illegal however they can register to become a legalised carer and look after all the possums they like.
Can you get her information so we can speak to her before the possum dies?
Chris 0412 768 088

That's so great that you do that! I've wanted to be a 'wildliner' for many years - I was one of those kids with about 15 pets at any one time, from horses to insects to mice etc... But I just love natives so much! I once met a woman caring for a baby sugar glider and I actually started crying because of how much I loved it :oops:

I know you need to dedicate a LOT of time... but what else is involved? It's something I would really love to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back