Why are my frogs dying?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have millions of frogs in our yard so wiping it out would be near impossible i think. The thing is for the first month or so of having this pond all was fine. No dead frogs. It's only been in the past fortnight or so that it has been happening.

The only thing apart from Chytrid i can think of is the water quality. Rain leeching through those spiffy new bessa blocks is got to upset the PH big time.

Over the past week and a half we have had about 500mm of rain so the pond has been flushed several times i would have thought that would have countered the ph problem.

I heard that some snails can give diseases to tadpoles/frogs could this be the problem? I have put a couple of snails in but that was at about the same time as filling it up.

water temp or quality could be the problem, tadpoles will get MBD if they don't eat enough due to one or both of these problems, these tads will morph into deformed frogs.

well then check the GH

But if hes not checking the pH I would guess hes not checking the hardness

Sorry if you are checking these btw

Last edited:
well then check the GH

But if hes not checking the pH I would guess hes not checking the hardness

Sorry if you are checking these btw

No offence taken Trousa. In all honesty i probably wont the Ph/hardness and all that cause there isn't really alot i can do about it if thats what the problem is. If it was something like a plant or soething i could easily fix without spending alot of money i would do it but other wise i'll just wait for it to fix its self.

Okes , maybe don't let the overflow from the roof go strate into the pond , so the water isent "flushed out" all in one go..... then you can regulate the chemical side better :)

good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back