Why can't I add photos to my gallery?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Good question! Glad you asked! What an interesting and challenging question! :)

1. New Users

Before you can use a photo album on this site, you need to visit the Person Galleries http://www.aussiepythons.com/index....nc=main&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=26573 at least once. This registers your username in the database of the Gallery software. You can then PM me and I'll create an album for you and set up permissions so that you can add photos.

2. Existing Users

If you had an album in the old gallery software on the old site and it was able to be copied to the new Gallery software, you will find it there (sorted alphabetically). Again, you need to visit Personal Albums (above) to automatically register your username in the Gallery 2 database. PM me and I'll set permissions for you so you can edit/add to your album.

I have set up the personal albums to display the owner of each album. If the owner shown is "Gallery Administrator" and the album is yours, it means that you haven't as yet visited the gallery. After you PM me, you will know that the permissions have been set up as it will show your username or name.

3. Mystery Albums

During the transfer from the old version of Gallery, a small number of "orphan" albums were transferred. These were most likely sub albums of existing users that became a little lost in the translation. If you recognise any of these orphans as belonging to you, PM me and let me know and I'll move it for you.

I found I could only add the one at a time. If I tried to do any more and pressed submit, it would come up with a "this oage could not be found' page.

how big was it nina, max 20 meg at a time, I just added 18 in 1 go yesterday

ahh ok, I dont think it was that big, but maybe it was :lol:

i use a good pic sizer program that lutz reccomended ,if you pm him im sure he can let you know where to download it, i use it and now i never have problems uploading them as long as i shrink em first :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back