Why can't I find a Frilled Lizard?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga

Reaction score
Very short video of shadowing behaviour in a Frill Necked lizard

Frilled Lizard (Chlamydosaurus kingii) - YouTube

The best way to find frill necks is to spot them from the car whilst travelling at normal speeds along the highway. Walking through the bush looking for them is a waste of time. The video shows why.

Stunning photography Greg...just checked your website. That Children's Python - a captive or wild animal. A real stunner.

i was looking and looking and l found it at like 17 seconds..
Was like finding *where's wally*

Nice job

Sorry bro, straight away, I thought there must be something else lol.

20 years ago you could drive around coastal Nightcliff and see big males chucking big threats at eachother, always pulled up, it was worth a look. Nothing now.

Last edited:
Nice one, Greg! I gather you put the camera on a tripod and then walked around the other side of the tree so the lizard would shuffle into view of the camera, but away from your view.

Sorry bro, straight away, I thought there must be something else lol.

20 years ago you could drive around coastal Nightcliff and see big males chucking big threats at eachother, always pulled up, it was worth a look. Nothing now.

Not true Steve! Numbers have dropped but Nightcliff (esp around the forshore) is one of the few places where you can still see big males doing their thing. I saw three the last time i drove along the foreshore which was just after new years.

thanks for the comments

Nice one, Greg! I gather you put the camera on a tripod and then walked around the other side of the tree so the lizard would shuffle into view of the camera, but away from your view.

Spot on David. I'll have to put some more up as I have some nice footage of a juvenile as well.

Yeh, pretty sad how frillies have taken such a hit with the toads. Still around but so much harder to find these days. Nightcliff used to be a great spot for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back