Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zx12busa

Reaction score
Picking up my daughter this morning in the reasonably supposedly eco friendly environment called the obsevatory on the gold coast and I come aross the second deliberate fatality for the week..both were on a chicane/s bend where a maxium speed of 30 or 40 km/r would be possible. First victim had deliberate skid marks injuries.. second on had been stoned..its about time local governments included in thier urban plan an education policy for residing residents about the protection of the these beautiful misunderstood creatures..ignorance is no excuss..it seems when environmental impact studies are carried out no consideration after the construction phase is given for the further protection of our native reptiles. Seems like they are classed as collerteral damage..my 14 your daughter wants to make a flyer up for her area with hope of educating/preventing this from happening again considing she lives within 2 minute walk from this location and its one way in one way out she is distrought everytime she sees this..

- - - Updated - - -

I1rInGc.jpg

FVenoGw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Following procudure for options one..I get to the select my photo click upload nothing happens or occassionally I get invalid flie type error..pics are jpg file taken with samsung note phone and saved onto samsung tablet..lost from here..but thanks for your help

It is amazing how the old idea of "the only good snake is a dead snake" persists to this day. It is encumbent upon us herpers to help educate the masses out there about reptiles and in particular snakes. There would be countless millions of harmless snakes killed each year because of that outdated idea passed down through many generations. I am all for the harmless species being around populated areas but too many people aren't keen on it. However I am also an advocate of having the venomous species relocated rather than them coming to greif with a shovel or a steel belted radial. i have a collection approaching 100 snakes and it is amazing how many people I know (wife included) are now comfortable around snakes since they have visited and inspected my collection.I even had one girl who was handling one 8 month old woma and it gave her a " I think I can eat you bite" on her thumb. The response was a bit amazing when she said "well they would have to be really big to do any damage" and now regularly visits and handles most of my snakes except a few of the toey guys and gets the odd bite and now doesnt flinch. Just the ramblings of a keen herper

What a terrible shame. People are hopeless at times! Arrogant idiots probably better explains it.

Sometimes they are hard to spot, but something like this is as clear as day.

As an example, I managed to steer my car awhile ago over a tiger snake I saw side-winding itself across a road in front of me. I had no option but to try and get it between the tyres and hopefully out the other side in one piece (which I successfully achieved). I honestly didn't see it until the car was nearly on it! The next thing was getting the car off the road in a safe spot and try and prevent the other motorists running over it. Not easy for me without a hook, shorts and thongs with a snake already flipping around cheesed off because a car just went flying over it like an angry bird :lol: Anyway, I managed to get him off the road. Win some, you lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.