wild beardie pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat88

Reaction score
this guy was checking us out as we were doing some building, dont know if he was sick or not because he let me get very close to take some photos before he moved off, i mean i could of touched him, not sure of the locale found near wagga wagga. had to debate with everyone that it WASNT a frilled neck:rolleyes:

Attachments

• RIMG0023.jpg
    RIMG0023.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 212
  • RIMG0026.jpg
    RIMG0026.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 196
  • RIMG0024.jpg
    RIMG0024.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 225
  • my mate.jpg
    my mate.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 211
is that central or eastern cant be bothered googling lol. yeah its colours were really nice yelllow and blue and even some red (dont know in these pics i posted) so i thought to get the camera

Wow that is one hot looking beardie... even in the wild they are so calm. Mostly.

Quite obviously Pogona barbata.

There are several key morphological differences between P.barbata and P.vitticeps that makes identification very easy, especially in those photos.

That is one stunning beardie, and from the wild wow. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on one a few that colour and breeding them :D

would he eat a defrosted chicken neck??? not much to eat around here as its bone dry but dont want to give him anything that would make him sick

Great looking barbata, thats just the way they are sometimes, they let you walk up to them, may try and bluff a bit, thus they get hammered by cats, dogs, kids and cars and usually disappear from suburbia quickly when the population of humans increases and bushland decreases.

No need to feed, just look at the tail, see how its nice and thick where it joins the back legs that's the sign of a healthy lizard :)

no worries, i dunno where he's finding it then lol, when it rains properly down here the grasshoppers come out in plague like proportions, but that hasnt happened in a few years. fully agrree he's one sexy beardie lol

I saw an awesome wild beardie last night was full red phase wild male about 40cm long. First time I had ever seen one, really nice light ochre orange red, I pulled out my phone to grab a pic but he freaked out...

Great looking WILD ebd!
I saw one near my house the other day, unfortunately didn't have a camera in my hands :(

A very nice wild BD indeed I love seeing them when I go down to the local lakes =D

Nice, its a shame there dont seem to be many this nicely coloured in captivity. IMO they look heaps better than any vitticeps when they are nicely coloured. I saw one that was bright orange all over, the best looking beared dragon i have seen although unfortunately didnt have time to get pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back