wild herp pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I went camping on the weekend to our block near the Grampians, on Saturday it was great weather for herping. I saw 2 Jacky lizards and 4 shinglebacks (including a pair basking side by side) at our block. On the way home we unfortunately came across lots of roadkill including heaps of stumpies, an eastern bluey and 2 tiger snakes :( however there was one lucky eastern beardy (male) in the middle of the road which I moved of the road, very nice specimen. So heres the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    634.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    573.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 46
heres one of the dead tigers...

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    652.8 KB · Views: 82
great pics Jordo, love seeing reptiles in their natural environment. good work on saving the beardie too! thanks for sharing ;)

Thanks Jessop.
I forgot to add this one, I found them basking together like this, so cute, the male is the bottom one.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    740.3 KB · Views: 80
So many beautiful reptiles are killed on the roads every year... such a shame. :(

I moved a hot anagry dugite off the road right out the front of my house yesterday.

Thanks guys,
Noxious - There were so many roadkill stumpies it wasn't funny, I'm not sure whether people try to hit them or there are just a lot out there but it is so sad.

krusty- The tigers were nice they were brown and yellow a bit different to the normal greyish ones you see.

Grimbeny- Mum commented on the tongue saying "it looks like an egg yolk" I think thats the best description for it. I wanted to get some shots of their open mouths because they are so bright and orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back