Wild Jacky dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wild dragons

Heya guys, just thought I'd post a few pics of a couple of dragons (Its what I think they are?) from near winton. I quite like these little guys :)

31.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics xshadowx.
Note the lack of hands in the shots!

Ok I was told they were jackys, my mistake. I've changed the first post. are they earless dragons then? :) I still like them regardless :) and Ramsayi, I didn't handle them, I'd rather just take a couple of shots and be on my way so I don't stress them too much.

im guessing tympanocryptis tetraporophora but could be other tympanocryptis sp. As im not sure what they look like camouflaged..

and Ramsayi, I didn't handle them, I'd rather just take a couple of shots and be on my way so I don't stress them too much.

Yes thats why I commented.Far too often people are posting pics of wild animals being held for the pic/s. A much better result can be had photographing them in situ.

Is It just my eyes or is the scales in the first pic blue?

I rekon animals look far far better in a natural environment (i.e. not with a human or man made objects in the photo) anyway, you'd be insane to think otherwise!

W.T. Buy, I think it was just the lighting and my camera, he/she most certainly wasn't blue :)

These guys were all over the place. The last two pics are of one that I noticed near the tyre of my ATV when I stopped to shut a gate, and the ones in the first few pics are of a little one in a grassy area that we noticed. There was always heaps over the roads, but they're so quick and just bolt down the cracks in the blacksoil

It was bitterly cold on quite a few of the morns... but it usually warmed up during the day and got quite hot sometimes. Kind of went in waves, really cold for a few days then really warm/hot.

I agree with W.T.Buy these guys are T. tetraporophora, commonly called Long Tailed or Eyrean earless dragons. I have a small colony of these in my collection. Great little dragons.

Camera

What camera set-up are you using?

Nice clear pics. I'm going OS shortly and might have to buy myself a nice SLR digi and lens set-up.

Lol I find it entertaining when everyone assumes that I'm using a dSLR :) Its a fuji finepix S5700, few years old now. maybe 3yo? Its still going great for me, takes fantastic pictures in pretty much any circumstance, and fantastic macro. I would love a dSLR though, but chances are even if I got one I'd still use my fuji. (Though I'd like to upgrade to the newest model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back