wild olive pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

affroalex

Reaction score
hi everyone

i am in the planning a trip to find some wild olive pythons. i have a few and would love to find some in the wild. i was just wondering what timeof year is best to find them, and where abouts is the best place to find them.

affroalex,

I have not yet seen them in Qld but I don't believe that they are scarce. Just read up on them and then go exploring and try to find habitat that matches what you researched. Part of the fun of a trip is preparing for it. Make certain that you take a camera along and post some photos of what you see!

Regards,
David

affroalex,

I have not yet seen them in Qld but I don't believe that they are scarce. Just read up on them and then go exploring and try to find habitat that matches what you researched. Part of the fun of a trip is preparing for it. Make certain that you take a camera along and post some photos of what you see!

Regards,
David

ok thanks. i am definatley taking my camera, where have you seen them before.

Hi Mate,

If your travelling that far (Mt ISA), take a trip to Lawn Hill Nat Pk (about 350K north of ISA), as that's the only place I've seen them in QLD, although they're supposedly widespread. The bonus is it's a great spot too, really nice country, cool gourges, plenty of water (including springs) and Riversleigh just down the road (famous fossil site)!

Hi Mate,

If your travelling that far (Mt ISA), take a trip to Lawn Hill Nat Pk (about 350K north of ISA), as that's the only place I've seen them in QLD, although they're supposedly widespread. The bonus is it's a great spot too, really nice country, cool gourges, plenty of water (including springs) and Riversleigh just down the road (famous fossil site)!

thanks for that, i think ive been there before we lived at karumba for 3 years, but never saw any there.

Hi Mate,

also did you see many while you were there

At lawn hill we got 15 in one night and around bourketown we found 6 over 4 nights.....

I used to see them all the time at night on the road when I lived in Jabiru. I have also seen them near Fogg Dam and on the Arhnem Highway as well as water Pythons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back