Winter time heat??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
Jst wanting to know what air temp to keep my vivarium for my Pygmy dargons at during winter as I'm starting to turn it down a few degrees every week. Also when will they start to hypernate or at what temp also when the hypernate do I still keep there day to day cycle even though there not out and about....
Thanks dutchy

some very good questions dutchy! I don't know the answer to the questions I'm afraid but wil watch this thread tentatively and suggest researching these in google about central/eastern beardies as they are all within the same vivarium conditions give or take a couple of degrees.

I believe you help them to begin hibernation by waiting for their cues of getting slower, and apparently shortening the days by half an hr at a time to take it from 12 hrs sunlight to eight (from memory). I would guess the low range thirties day temps and depending on where you are located turning heat off at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back