Wish I had a camera as a kid :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazza91

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about all the reptiles I saw when I was growing up. I wish I had photos of them all, one in particular was a bright greeny yellow diamond python. It looked amazing and was also about 9-10ft long (biggest wild snake i have seen).

My mates and I used to go out herping (we called it reptile hunting although we never "hunted" or hurt them) often on a sunny day, we would always see Jacky dragons, skinks, and red belly blacks.

On a good day we would see the odd Tiger, Brown, Mustard bellied someting (can't remember the name I will look it up soon, just a small snake), water dragons, goannas, long neck turtles, various frogs, blue tounges, geckos(i think stone geckos).

On a great day we would see all of the above and the odd diamond python as well as others I am sure I've left out. Really wish I had a camera then so I could share photos now. We saw some beautiful animals.

So I just wanted to share this little story with you and would love to hear about (and see pics if you have any) any herping stories that you would like to share. Cheers for reading Daryl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick search on the net tells me it is just called a Mustard Bellied Snake. It says their average length is 30cm.

When I was about 6 me and my sister would go herping in the back yard, we found heaps of marbled geckos, here's a pic of one of the marbled geckos we caught, we named her slinky.

IMG_0045_zpsd5e76f8a.jpg

Last edited:
Thats cool as, looks pretty healthy. I have never actually seen a marbled gecko in the wild. What area did you live in then? I was in Eden, south coast NSW when I got to see all the wonderful creatures.

I have a Murray Darling carpet python, about 10months old his name is also Slinky haha.

Last edited:
We lived in the northern suburbs of Melbourne (Reservoir). Ever since finding her I grew more in love with reptiles, then just so special and amazing! Great name for a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back