womas eye

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzi2009

Reaction score
i was just chilling with my woma
and i noticed that his left eye seems to have scratch-like marks on it
and there seems to be a greyish colouration in the shape of a crescent moon just at the top of his eye?
its extremely hard to explain, i looked at it under a hand magnifying glass and it does look like he has scratch marks on his eye.
he is due for a shed very soon, if that is any help at all. however it doesnt look like the cloudy eyes my stimson gets prior to shedding
it definitly looks like numerous tiny scratches....

should i be concerned?
i dont want anything to happen to my little fella

I'm not sure if this will help but my woma's eye was collapsed, it had a big dent in the eye and it was in pretty deep but it was gone right after her shed. but in your case im not sure if you have to go to the vet or just wait it out.

I've noticed when my womas are coming up to a shed, just before they go milky they get odd marks on their eyes in a crescent shape. It's blueish and kind of reminds me of oil on water, I think it's just the milkiness starting to form. I can see how it might look like scratches because it's a patchy looking mark. I see it on all my womas every time, without fail the next day they are blue. I think it's just obvious on womas because their eyes are so dark.
I hope that's what's happening to your woma anyway :)

I've noticed when my womas are coming up to a shed, just before they go milky they get odd marks on their eyes in a crescent shape. It's blueish and kind of reminds me of oil on water, I think it's just the milkiness starting to form. I can see how it might look like scratches because it's a patchy looking mark. I see it on all my womas every time, without fail the next day they are blue. I think it's just obvious on womas because their eyes are so dark.
I hope that's what's happening to your woma anyway :)

yes i think you are explaining the crescent shaped marking
but diagonally down from there
there are seprate scratch looking marks?
i dont know HOPEFULLY its just because hes coming up for a shed
ill see how he is tomorrow morning before i go to tafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back