Womas Sizes Comparison

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spanner. There are two things to note here.

Firstly, the sizes quoted are all wild caught animals. We know that in captivity many snakes will exceed their in-the-wild size. The Taipan is a well-known example, frequently growing to 3 m or more in captivity but rarely ever exceeding 2 m in the wild.

Secondly, above the Pilbara womas tend to increase in size the further north you go. In the south of WA they are huge, with adults frequently weighing in at 5 kg. There hasn’t been any data published on maximum lengths for this area but a study of the Shark population is being conducted by Dr. Dave Pearson (WA DEC) and the results will be made available some time in the near future we hope.

Blue

I've got a 5 month old tanami woma girl and I'm amazed how she is growing. She is now bigger than my 15 month old coastal... Little runt.
Anyways I'm just wondering if a python has a bad start to life, being fussy and not eating much, can this stunt their max growth later in life?
(will my coastal be a little-er python?)

I've got a 5 month old tanami woma girl and I'm amazed how she is growing. She is now bigger than my 15 month old coastal... Little runt.
Anyways I'm just wondering if a python has a bad start to life, being fussy and not eating much, can this stunt their max growth later in life?
(will my coastal be a little-er python?)

A friend of ours had a coastal that wouldn't feed as a hatchling. That's how I learned to force feed. He evantually started going and never looked back. He's now a massive boy at around 10 feet. I wouldn't worry too much!

Thanks python mum, I thought it may stunt his growth. He is easing good now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back