woodie needs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I don't want tips on breeding and stuff, or accessorys just blank needs, like saying "hides", instead of egg cartons, that sort oof needs that stuff, but if there is only 1 way, you can define it more specificaly than "hides".

cheers,
Will

here we go really simple....

1. lots of egg cartons (any shape or size)
2. small bowl for food
3. bread (fresh or stale left overs)
4. water
5. most important.... FLUON can by from herptrader.com (stops them escaping)

stack cartons in a plastic tub
paint fluon around top sides of tub
put torn up bread in bowl
moisten with water
leave
they will multiply

possibly in winter u will need a low wattage heat mat, low wattage mean u dont need a thermostat. will keep up breading..... they will multiple:)

can I give them tomato and all that sort of stuff that goes in the compost or is there stuff that they can't eat?

edit: and any husbandry tips would be good.

cheers,
Will

Last edited:
literally what i wrote is ALL that you need. they like more grain type food. like crushed up dry dog or rat food. bread, cereal, they do eat carrots and that stuff, but that all goes bad quickly. plus if u use bread moistened with water u dont need to give them water, just make sure it stays moist. all u need to do is make sure food is there all the time. maybe pick up the dead ones.... and possibly clean up once every few months/ change tub.

very simple really its not hard. they live through just about anything. all they need is food water and egg cartons.... that all....

really doesnt matter:)

just in the colder parts of winter a low wattage heat mat is good to keep the breeding up.

mine are in the garage so get the outside temps pretty much. only heat in winter but u wond need to worry about that for a while

temps dont matter they thrive on neglect
if they are in a warm place over winter they will be fine.
Any veggie scraps you have like carrot, pumpkin etc can be chucked in as well.
I recently got a large colony and if i throw in 4 sliced carrots, its gone within half an hour or less
the more veggies etc you feed them, the better they will be for your lizards, they will be as nutritious as what you are feeding to them.

if you have rats or mice put in the powdered stuff from the bottom of the bag, if not a few dog biscuits are ok as well

If you forget to separate the rat or mice rom the powdered stuff from the bottom of the bag they wil be eaten too! Plus the dog...

if your not going to breed them, they will do fine in the container they come in, just replace the carrot every few days. easy

Chuck out any mouldy feed you provide them and replace.

They thrive on neglect, carrot for moisture any veges you've got lying around, they will devour it..

Don't worry about providing water for them. Just give them carrot every couple of days and they will get their moisture from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back