woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
does any1 know what the most common cockroach that breeders/pet stores in aus sell,and do they need a heat source or will they be ok if i leave them outside?
thanks

Woodies are the most common i usually find in sydney, i do breed my own. They can usually thrive off not being looked after. i suppose you could put them outside but if you have a really cold day, your breeding results wont be as good as a really hot day as due to the fact they are slowed down in the cold, so the are faster in the heat, so if you going to keep them outside make sure u only leave them out there when you know you dont need alot of woodies. But if i remember rightly your only getting a pygmy dragon so u should really need to breed to many.

So you may not reeally need to keep them in heat .

yer 2 pygmys...well theres no way im leaving them in the house,how do u get them out without them running around everywhere,what do u recommend i use for taking them out to feed them 2 my pygmys(because i wil have 2 transport them from outside ,inside and also have front sliding doors..)

Ok this could kind of be hard to explain, go to a local petshop or local Aquarium and pick up a fish net ( sounds wierd but listen ).

OK. so you want to go to the $2 shop and pick up some take away containers i bought a pack of 6 for $2 bucks ( Bargain ;) ) well anyway put some fluroid ( stuff from herp shop ) or protrolium jelly on the sides of it all so the woodies cant climb out, poke holes in the top so you can close the lid, and then just put some gloves on if you dont like them touching you but i dont really mind so i dont bohter, use ur net to catch them, just catch a few depending on how many you want. so ok. You've caught a few now take them in and take the lid off in the enclosure and ur pygmys will see them and think OM NOM NOM NOM and just chow down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back