Woohoo! Red Eye Tree Frog Tadpoles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adandiluvsmyreptiles

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After scratching our heads and wondering why we weren't getting any eggs out of nowhere comes....TADPOLES!

YAY! We are so excited! The little buggers are everywhere! They're so cute!

So...if anyone is interested in Red Eye Tree Frogs let us know and we'll put your name down :)

$25 per froggy - sorry no Tadpoles for sale! That isn't allowed! Will post a proper "FOR SALE" ad when they are ready but if u want to get in early and put your name down we'll make sure u don't miss out!

Able to freight too (around $10-$15 depending on where you are)

Thanks everyone!

Teni

Attachments

• 100_4423 (Large).JPG
    100_4423 (Large).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 264
Aww how cute! Congrats, what an awesome surprise :)

Thanx, got my GTF's to breed too!!!! Goes to show, when you have sooo many hidey holes they can breed without you knowing!!!!!!!

Well lost a few tadpoles so far, and basically I am going to wait till they are a few weeks old as they are VERY hard to get to a decent size!!!!

According to the EPA you are supposed to estimate the number of frog eggs you have, then amend your licence when they metamorph. Just like you are supposed to put snake eggs on your licence when they are layed. No one does though.

I wondered about that... So when my python lays eggs I should put that on my lisence?

stuff that with frog eggs!! , lol

Gee you will need to be a good estimater, GTF have between 1500 - 3000 eggs and red eyes 500 - 1000 ! Good luck.

Really?? Far out! You'd run out of room so quickly if you managed to grow them all up!

hey adandiluvsreptiles do you no the law for keeping in nsw as id love to get some off yuou

New South Wales licences and protection

All frogs (and tadpoles) are protected in NSW under the National Parks and Wildlife Act, and it is against the law to take them from the wild to keep as pets. You can get a licence from the NPWS to keep frogs, but you must obtain the frogs from a licensed breeder or society. You can only keep frogs that have either been bred in captivity or for other reasons cannot be released back into the wild.

For educational purposes, schools in NSW have been licensed to enable children and their teachers to collect and keep a maximum of 20 tadpoles to watch them grow and transform into froglets. Tadpoles must never be collected from national parks or other reserves. Once tadpoles have transformed into froglets, they must be released back in the location where they were collected.

Commercial trade in frogs is prohibited in NSW. If you purchase an animal from an interstate dealers, or from anyone else in another state, you must already hold a NSW amphibian keeper's licence and you must obtain an interstate import licence from the NPWS before you can legally bring it into NSW.

You can find this information easily on the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife site where the laws are fully explained and application forms are available.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws.nsf/Content/Frog+keepers+licence

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back