Work Experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I would like to work at the Australian Reptile Park when I'm older. But for now i would like to start my career with work experience.

So im wondering if you can do work experience at the reptile park when you are 14?

And advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Ben

Have you checked the website? I pretty sure you'd have to be 16, that's what the age limit at CWS is

Have you checked the website? I pretty sure you'd have to be 16, that's what the age limit at CWS is

Nahh i havent. But i know dylan-rocks on this site has done work experience at featherdale wild life park, and he is 15.

Ben

Mate your best bet is to contact the facility you are enquiring about via email or phone and asking them.

the website probably has a form for it, aquariums I wanted to volunteer for always did...

but failing that I'd say going in would be better than emails/calls. Like when you're wanting a paid job; they always prefer to see you in the flesh before deciding anything!

You could also look into volunteer work at a herp vet? Granted I'm from the country, but in highschool I did volunteer work at a vet (was only 15) and so did a lot of other people without any issues...I guess they're not gonna complain if someone else is cleaning up the nasty stuff for them ;P

That sounds alright, but what if i don't want to be a vet? does that matter?

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back