Worm Treatments

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hello
I am after some feedback infomation to offer my customers with regards to treating and/or preventing worms, particular in pythons but if its safe or dangerous for other reptiles please tell me :D . So if you don't mind sharing your valuable information, even if someone has already given your answer, it would be good to know if many are using similar methods.

How often do you worm your reptiles?

What medication do you use? Does it kill ALL worms? Is it safe for all reptiles?

If your snake has or had worms, how long do you continue observation & treatment before you're happy that the worms are completely gone?

Thanks in advance :D
Kathy

Drontal dog and cat wormers for snakes

I have been told about these wormers being used to worm Diamonds and carpets etc and i guess they would work for others. 1/4 tablet used for a largish size every 4 mnths or right on sleeping time for the winter. I havent tried this approach for worming but apparently its quite ok. But I would ask a vet any way before i poked one in a rats mouth at feeding time.
Cheers

It's a good idea to get a faecal float done at the vet yearly for all snakes. Don't have to arrange a consultation, just drop it off. It's fairly cheap and means that you can use the appropriate drugs rather than just guessing.

wormout gel, made by vetafarm, dose at 1 ml per kg, repeat after 2 weeks.
Kills most worms and is very safe.

(inject in to food).

there are several you can use there wormout as suggested but i used at a rate of 0.5ml per 1kg of body weight and then there is worm out one of sciences products they are both good wormer but do they kill all worms.....don’t know but they are designed to take out the most common worms that snakes/lizards get both these wormers are good for both lizards and snakes. You can worm the 1 of 2 ways you can get a dosing needle and put the required amount in to a syringe and then put the dosing needle down the snake/lizards throat but do not recommend for inexperienced herpers or you can inject the required amount in to a dead rodent. With lizards you could dilute the required amount with some water and then place it on there veggies ect... But for some one who has little experience in all reptiles I would advise them to just take there beloved pet to a vet and that way the herp will have a check up at the same time which is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back