worried about my olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shano92

Reaction score
hey all,

I am starting to get a bit worried about my olive python. He has had his milky eyes and smokey skin as if he is going to shed for at least 2 weeks now. i havnt been worried up until the last few days becuase he has gone very docile, not moving around at all unless moved and his skin has gone very strechy particulary around his throat. I have seen this before in the past with some of my other snakes, but not to this extent and not as long. Should i be worried, or is it all normal? i have sprayed the enclosure a couple of times to bring the humidity up a bit to help him shed his skin too.

Cheers Shane

How old and how big is your Olive?
In my experience, larger snakes tend to stay in shed cycles longer than smaller ones.
My Olive was in shed for almost two weeks once.

Your olive should be fine , most of my bigger snakes take a while to shed and dont do much during that time , you could put a bigger water bowl in that it can sit in if your real worried .

cheers nico

I am watching two of mine at the moment, whose eyes cleared up about 4-5 days ago, yet they still have not shed. I've only had them 4 months and both had retained sheds on them upon arrival. One has shed since and was ok but this is the first time for the other. So I am a bit nervous at the moment, wondering when to intervene. Normally I don't worry too much, but being the first time they go into shed, since I've had them, I don't know how they'll go, or whether they'll need assistance.

Keep misting your olive everyday until he sheds. I think after two weeks it might be time to intervene, but that's just me. I am paranoid of the thought that they are in trouble and I am doing nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back