Worried about my temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony88

Reaction score
Hey guys, i recently had to move my stimmie into the back shed. And the maximum temp is around 24-25 mark. Is this alright for the time of year. I'm not worried about when its summer though because it gets pretty heated in the shed, and the temp would reach 32's easily.

What sort of heating you using?
An ambient shed temp of 25 is fine but the snake must have a heat source to warm itself. Opposite in summer, the shed is probably going to get way too warm and your stimmy will need somewhere to escape the heat.

The important thing is that the enclosure has a hot end a cold end. It can't all be one temp. because the snake won't be able to go where he wants to cool down/heat up

Mate a hot spot of about 32 with an ambient of 25 is no dramas - if your ambient gets to 32 in summer (I would suggest it will actually get much higher) then you will have a lot of problems - one of which will likely be a dead snake...

Also, with no hot spot and only 25c ambient you are not allowing the snake to reach it's preferred body temp (32c) which will also reduce the effectiveness of the snakes immune system leaving it more likely to develop an illness...

...another thing to note is that Stimmie's (particularly young ones) will often go off their food for very minor reasons and it can be quite difficult to get them going again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back