Would a snake eat somthing too big ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow1369

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi i just gave a 7day old mouse to my new snake and he grabbed it straight away but it looks too bigg like it's prob the size of a rat pinkie that i have so would he try to eat somthing too bigg or would he leave it and if he did would it hurt him?
cause i am a bit worried so thought i'd better find out !

a pinky rat size meal imo would be to big but in sayin that i also find it hard to belive a 7day old mouse would be that big.
as for causing any problems i dont think it would swalow it if its to big it would give up if it couldent get it in or will regerg it

yeah sorry i think the mouse is about 9 days cause i just cheacked but it looks bigg but i thought it looked small and his 5 months old so i thought it would be ok for him but if he gives up i will take it out !
Thanks Mr Magic!

hi,
it should be ok, my hatchling maccies are eating pinkie rats and will back that up with a large fuzzy mouse, if the mouse is about the size of a pink rat it will be ok,

cheers,
steve...........

Snow1369 said:
would he try to eat somthing too bigg or would he leave it and if he did would it hurt him?

python_vs_alligator.jpg

hi all he didn't eat it so whilst he was atempting too i thawed out a pinke (small one) and he ate it straight away he wanted more but i had no more pinkies left and i need too get more to fed my female tomorrow!
he is a guts took it as soon as i showed him! and i recorded it on the didgi cam but i cant post that here sorry!

Oh and forgot to add Thanks too all who gave their opinion! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back