? Would this work as an incubator?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djai

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Im about to construct an incubator for a clutch for diamond eggs. Just wondering if this plan would be effective in incubating the eggs.

60cm wide x 40cm high x 40cm deep. 12mm ply will be used.

Three evenly spaced lightbulbs on the incubator floor.

A pegboard mid shelf.

micro climate thermostat.
------------------------------------------
Also what are the best bulbs to use?
How do you store the eggs in the incubator ( ratio vermiculite : water)?

Any advise would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks Dee

Make sure that all the wood you use is completely sealed or better than that use melamine. Just because incubators get really humid and you will end up warping and breaking things if the wood is not sealed. But yeah apart from that it sounds OK but i would reccomend using a heat cord instead of the lights because...
1, they are water proof
2, they are cheaper
3, you will then only need one
4, and they are not as fragile and prone to breakage when you bump them.

you could even use a strip of heat tape down the centre on the floor then when the eggs hatch you can sit chiness containers half on the tape, works weel for me

I think heat cords are the way to go, cheap and easy to use, with a good spread of even heat. I would however go thicker than 12mm sheeting, thicker is better for insulation, which will allow a much more stable temperature management regime. Or just line it with 25mm polystyrene foam sheeting.

Chs, Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back