yearling md wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bavic5460

Reaction score
can anyone make suggestions,i purchased a yearling female md 3 weeks ago and was told she feeds great although she was apparantly a slow starter when young,i have had her in good heat for 3 weeks and have offered her food 4 times she shows no interest and hasnt eaten for 4 weeks now she is very placid but i have been leaving her alone,she doesnt even come towards the food no matter wether i wriggle it or keep it still she just crawls to the other end of box,she shows no signs of shed at all,she is nice and warm suggestions please would be appreciated thanks

my 2 diamond x murrys are really picky eaters but if i heat up the food in boiling water and wriggle it around they take it in seconds hope this helps

this is gonna sound a bit gross but i tried it for the first time yesterday and it worked a treat. defrost the snakes normal prey item, making sure its adequately warm and of appropriate size for the snake, get a live animal (mouse preffered) and rub it all over the dead food. this will add some more scent to the prey. if this fails, give the live animal a humane death and with a nail, puncture the skull and rub the contents of it onto the prey. this should work like nothing else. i know it sounds pretty bad, but i assure you i'm not a weirdo and it should do the job:) good luck
cheers.

i dont know what its called, but the pet shop up the road from me has a product that emits a strong smell of mouse when you place a drop on the frozen prey after defrost, do you place the frozen mouse .i a plastic bag durring defrost as not to wash the scent off it in the warm water ?
try all the meathods in here http://www.aussiepythons.org/wiki/index.php/Getting_Hatchlings_to_Eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back