Yoda!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
This is Yoda. I was told he hatched January 25 which makes him about 5 months. The's tiny...
He's eating really well,greens, crickets and woodies. He did his first poop today!! He also loves going for a swim in his water dish (for 3 hours). He was named Freddy but due to family vote, it's now Yoda
DSC05168.jpgDSC05171.jpgDSC05193.jpgDSC05196.jpg

Healthy looking critter. Congrats. Looks like a bit of orange showing around the ear.

lovely dragon. thanks for sharing with us!! :D

He's a cutie. Has he shown any Jedi powers yet? :)

He's a cutie. Has he shown any Jedi powers yet? :)
hahahahah nope but l think he is on the small side.

does anyone have a 5-6 month old dragon? How big is he and what does he weigh?

This is Yoda. I was told he hatched January 25 which makes him about 5 months. The's tiny...
He's eating really well,greens, crickets and woodies. He did his first poop today!! He also loves going for a swim in his water dish (for 3 hours). He was named Freddy but due to family vote, it's now Yoda
View attachment 207857View attachment 207858View attachment 207859View attachment 207860

He's only a little guy, but he's got heaps of personality and spunk.

I think my Lizzy is bigger.... I'd love to have Lizzy sit on my hand.

Maybe soon :)

Healthy looking critter. Congrats. Looks like a bit of orange showing around the ear.

It's a beautiful orange/red. I'm hoping that he might turn that colour in the not too distant future

He is very small for a 5 month old dragon, these guys can be fully grown by 12 months of age at least and breed prior to this age. Simple answer, if you want him to grow, then find him heaps, as much as he wants, make sure your food items are dusted with calcium powder, make sure he has plenty of UVB and a nice hotspot around 38deg C. They love live food, so don't be scared to give crix or woodies twice a day and leave some vegies in there all day for him to nibble on. All the excess energy he gets will go into growth and your beardy will put on nice size real quick.

He is very small for a 5 month old dragon, these guys can be fully grown by 12 months of age at least and breed prior to this age. Simple answer, if you want him to grow, then find him heaps, as much as he wants, make sure your food items are dusted with calcium powder, make sure he has plenty of UVB and a nice hotspot around 38deg C. They love live food, so don't be scared to give crix or woodies twice a day and leave some vegies in there all day for him to nibble on. All the excess energy he gets will go into growth and your beardy will put on nice size real quick.
His temps are good. Basking temp is sitting at 37C and he loves to hang out there. Feeding is going great. This morning he had 30 crickets, about 15 woodies all dusted with calcium powder. He's starting to eat more greens and he especially likes dandelions - greens and flowers i have also offered a commercial bearded dragon food mixed with greens. I just thought it wouldn't hurt and he needs all the help he can get.
Someone else was saying that he could be Rankins Dragon. I guess only time will tell. I'm going to keep a diary and weigh him every week just to keep an eye on what's happeneing with him

arent rankins dragons part of the pogona group?

cute little dragon you have there, he may be undersized for his age at this point, but at the rate hes eating he'll catch up in no time! :)

looks the same as my centrals did as kids, what was he sold as?

rankins dragon (although I have never heard of that particular common name) appear to be pogona herylawsoni (downs bearded dragon)
but your dragon to me looks like a normal pogona vitteceps.

hey, you stole my beardies name!!! LOL just jokin, a beardie that cute can 'loan' the name. my Yoda is 50cm and nearly 365gms i have a whoppa on my hands...hes only 13mths old though

^ and thats the other beardy I know of called Yoda.

Hmm ok about the Rankins dragon, I don't use common names much so I was not precisely sure what it was.

Cripes , he's a gutz !!! where's he fit all that food ?

I can't imagine Lizzy who's a little bigger than him eating so much in a day. But then I don't control Lizzy's food intake, Lizzy is most likely hunting down bugs that I never see Lizzy eating.

Are those full grown crickets and roaches or babies you are feeding Yoda ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back