York Peninsula reptile Sepcies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_saza

Reaction score
What can be found around the costal areas of York Peninsula in South Australia? Mainly around Pt Victoria :)

G'day angel,

Unfortunately every species of terrestrial snake that you will find there will be venomous. You will find Common Adders, Eastern Browns and Peninsula Browns. Close by, you will find Red Bellies and Tiger Snakes (they may occur there, but I haven't found them).

All is not lost, though...you live within 4 hours drive North, South and East of some of the most diverse habitats in Australia. There are hundreds of species to be found relatively close to you!

Take care,

Jonno Lucas

That's all well and good that these areas are close... but nobody will tell me where. I understand why locations like these are not given out freely, but i only want to go and have a squiz from a scientific perspective. I'm studying animal science at uni and i like to sit and observe behaviour of different animals.. You can catch me staring at my frogs every night, lol.

G'day angel,

North of Renmark you have a place called Chowilla Game Reserve. I've found over 40 different species out there. You also have the Flinders Ranges, the Middlebacks (between Whyalla and Kimba), the Adelaide Hills, Kangaroo Island, Mt Gambier, the mallee scrub of NW Victoria etc.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Jonno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back