You did WHAT?! An opera?!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd pop up a thread explaining my past week.

It started a few months ago, when mum told me she'd dobbed me into this opera program. This was all I was told, I just nodded and said yes, and didn't think anything about it. Anyway, as it loomed I found out more about it. 2 people from Opera Australia where coming up from Sydney to help 5 schools (mine, and 4 other local Rockhampton schools) to write the script, the music, paint the sets, cast and preform an Opera. Then mum dropped the bombshell - we're preforming it at the Pilbeam Theatre (one of CQ's largest). Haha I can hear most of you now, with the same thoughts as i had...opera?! wth?! :rolleyes::? haha

After I stopped ranting and raving :lol: and we where full on into it on monday, working 12:30 - 4 every day on it. My school only had a week to do all this, the other school had 4 (I'm from a distance education school). We where cast on Thursday and thrust into a preformance on Friday morning, was a very high stress situation I can say!

But I had a ball! Learnt so much, and really enjoyed doing something really different. Stepping out of my comfort zone, and actually writing the music that went with the script. It was a steep learning curve, but once again it was a whole lot of fun!

Here's a link to check out - http://www.opera-australia.org.au/scripts/nc.dll?OPRA:STANDARD:0:pc=PC_90593

We're doing our final preformance this coming Friday ( 5th of June) at the Pilbeam Theatre. If you can, come check it out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back