You might just need it one day, probably not, but just in-case.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Supplies

Reaction score
Well, I cleaned my car today and found my old window sun shades, not window socks, these ones are like a flexible aluminum mesh that stick on the window... they reflect the heat and glare back out.

Anyway, it's not cold at all today but our winters get pretty cold where I am, and I am only new to the world of snakes, and I bought a glass enclosure, not Melamine sorry :(

Anyway, I hope to have a really kick *** enclosure built soon enough, but in case I don't have one for winter, I just discovered something.

I placed the window shades on the side glass and the front door of the enclosure where the heat light is, and within 5 minutes, the temperature has risen 1 degree.

I am unsure as yet if it will retain the heat better at night, I checked the temperature last night and it was switching from 20.1 - 22.2 fairly regularly.
Meaning the heat was not being retained very good at all, which I now know why NOT to buy glass.... I will post back sometime tomorrow (if I remember) and tell you if the heat was better retained.

A very obvious thing to do, yet... I wonder if anyone has thought about it...

Basically, it's reflecting the heat back in the tank, not out.

Hey, sorry about the late reply....

I found that the temperature went up 3 degrees,
at night, when the light was off, the temperature stayed at around 23 for about 5 mins before dropping down to 21 for another 5 minutes... etc, which will save my electricity bill and I am assuming it will also be a benefit due to the not so much fluctuating heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back