you tube footage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Stirrer!

True true lol

But it was interesting to watch & I would have enjoyed it had it been in a wild setting under normal conditions & not in captivity for a couple of egotistical keepers to get satisfaction from filming. I have the same feelings of interest when watching safari doco's and seeing a lion take down an impala, or a croc taking down a buffalo etc (its an interest not a blood lust hehe) Difference being there is no need to abuse Dave Attenborough when he films it as it is survival of the fittest and the way of the wild, but in this case those monkeys were pretty callous and had no reason to feed live prey, I am sure they could have fed a big slab of lamb, beef or pork.

Oh and the remarks I liked was those of the posters abusing the monkeys, not the commentary of a wrestling match between a snake & goat (Although that was pretty funny also with the full nelson remarks) :p

Last edited:
I don't want any animal to suffer unduely. However as reptile keepers we have all made a consious decision to sacrifice prey items so our animals can be maintained. If zoos decided to start feeding their collections of carnivorus animals with live prey then the RSPCA would shut them down.
But if for instance you combined the crocodile enclosures with macropods and waterbirds, then you would be looking at a realistic natural environment which would also hold the expectation that at any minute you could witness a natural feeding response.
Domesticated animals have the fear of natural predation breed out of them, (hense the goat sniffing the nose of the python) that is not a natural feeding response for a hunting animal, you might as well feed it a leg of lamb!
It is the amazing watching a snake seize, constrict, and consume it's prey. Not to derive pleasure watching the death of another animal.

Saw it a few months ago.

Why do a lot of americans feed live when they put stuff on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back