young md that wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooben

Reaction score
hi all iv got a young md that just wont eat any ideas? tips thanks. been trying young mice bits of chicken. just wont take temp ok . nice quiet spot with hide. thanks

stress and temps would be the first 2 things i would recomend ruling out.Stress can be caused by the animal being in 2 big an enclosure or by it being handled to much or constantly annoyed so thats something to address then temps are equally as important,to high a temps can make it a little aggressive but to lower temps will put it off its food.I have a 8month old murray thats eats no problem.He is in a 2foot tank with a heat mat and basking light and a uv fluro which is on a timer.My temps remain reasonable consistant at about 32/33 at the hot end and about 25/26 at the cool end.I would suggest to perhaps leave him/her well alone for the next few days to a week almost forget you have it then offer a completely thawed mouse which has also been warmed a little using warmish tap water.One last thing is mine will not eat wet or cold mice so perhaps try thawing using a zip lock bag if you defrost using water and maybe try warming as mentioned hope all goes well and keep us informed cheers Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back