Your thoughts on legalisation?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should marijuana and E be legalised?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has no one seen the South Park episode on Medicinal Pot. That explains everything, also I reckon Pot shouldn't be legalized. Haven't you seen the effects it has on young people when they smoke it, plus people on a below average income + addicting legal drug= no money.

people on a below average income + addicting legal drug= no money.

Based on that logic, alcohol should also be illegal then, no?

This is a very interesting topic, and I encourage everyone to have a good read about this issue. You may very well be surprised at how you feel about it all once you actually take everything into consideration and educate yourself.

Based on that logic, alcohol should also be illegal then, no?

This is a very interesting topic, and I encourage everyone to have a good read about this issue. You may very well be surprised at how you feel about it all once you actually take everything into consideration and educate yourself.
How do you know I don't want alcohol to become illegal, I know this statement is to most peoples distaste but alcohol causes a lot more problems then it solves. I'm just saying drugs and alcohol are SOME of the leading causes of people losing their money, so with your logic you want the government to legalize Pot, drugs and addicting medicine because there are already drugs out there, which already take people's money away so its all fine? You should also take in consideration and educate yourself.

Last edited:
How do you know I don't want alcohol to become illegal, I know this statement is to most peoples distaste but alcohol causes a lot more problems then it solves. I'm just saying drugs and alcohol are SOME of the leading causes of people losing their money, so with your logic you want the government to legalize Pot, drugs and addicting medicine because there are already drugs out there, which already take people's money away so its all fine? You should also take in consideration and educate yourself.

So is shoes. I'm a young person and I spend a lot of money on shoes. It's ridiculous.
Quoted by one of the leading financial experts for the US finance magazine, the US would save approx $70 billion a year from legalising weed. $30 bill on police force, legal costs, jail costs etc on catching dealers, users etc, $40 billion on possible taxes on selling marijuana to the public (assuming the taxes are the same as current tobacco taxes).
These figures are from memory, from a TV interview viewed a few months ago. People will spend their money on what they want. That's why I hate people accusing me of 'wasting,' my money on shoes, and especially my animals. Some people see it the expenses as a waste, and I don't mind.

So is shoes. I'm a young person and I spend a lot of money on shoes. It's ridiculous.
Quoted by one of the leading financial experts for the US finance magazine, the US would save approx $70 billion a year from legalising weed. $30 bill on police force, legal costs, jail costs etc on catching dealers, users etc, $40 billion on possible taxes on selling marijuana to the public (assuming the taxes are the same as current tobacco taxes).
These figures are from memory, from a TV interview viewed a few months ago. People will spend their money on what they want. That's why I hate people accusing me of 'wasting,' my money on shoes, and especially my animals. Some people see it the expenses as a waste, and I don't mind.

Just realised this sounded like a direct comment to you, which it wasn't sorry :) not attacking anyone here haha just clarifying my comment :)

plus people on a below average income + addicting legal drug= no money.

Drugs are so bloody cheap to produce that this argument holds very little water...

Heroin, a dose for a junkie costs about 80 cents. A dose for a noob costs about 10 cents. Big deal?
Cannabis. Jesus it's a bloody weed. Costs virtually nothing if the climate/soil conditions are right.
MDMA. Again, cheap as **** to manufacture.
Cocaine. Extracted from leaves. Wouldn't cost that much more than say Steviol glycosides, maybe 2-3x as much, but Stevia is cheap as it is. I can buy Stevia RebA extract pure powder for about $30 for 50g which is equivalent to 10kg of sugar in sweetness. Imagine buying 50g of cocaine (HUNDREDS of doses) for say $60-90. Yep. No joke!

It's their being illegal that makes them so expensive in most cases, and if they're legal it's all the silly draconian controls that reduce the vendors/stockists that make them expensive. Get rid of the controls and you solve the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

There, my friend, is the answer as to why prohibition is still raging like a mad bull. Billions here...billions there...billions on God knows what else...who is taking that money? Who is handling that money? How does that money flow? How? Where? Who? What? When? Why? Answer that question and by God you'll answer everything we need to know about who is behind this nonsensical and diabolic situation.

As with everything in life - if you want to know why such and such is such and such because of such and such...simply follow the money...you will find a comprehensive answer eventually.

Has no one seen the South Park episode on Medicinal pot that explains everything Haven't you seen the effects it has on young people when they smoke it, money.

Pffft south park ha , and as if they would legalize it for young people there would be the same laws on it as tobacco and alcohol so that point is well pointless as they shouldn't be taking it anyway whether it was legal or not and those who want to take it as a teen will regardless of the laws you know rebellion and teens go hand in hand

Bottom line...drugs are generally not good for you. Avoid if you can. Avoid most prescription drugs too, if possible. Eat nutritious food, get plenty of exercise and proper sleep. That's all there is for me to say. Drugs, are, at best, a stop-gap.

I suffer from chronic depression and anxiety, especially social anxiety. How do I deal with it? I don't even bother with drugs/pharmaceuticals unless there are 1/ no side effects (think SSRIs, most anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, Ritalin) 2/ no addiction potential (think heroin, cocaine) 3/ no dependency potential (think alcohol or Valium)...

...that doesn't leave me with much, does it? Nup, not a chance. So I guess I will suffer in silence and deal with it like any adult with a brain functioning at least at an elementary level.

Benjamind2010- Australian illegal drugs among world’s most expensive Actually Australia is the most expensive, major country to buy drugs. Please dont pull numbers out of thin air. And cocaine is not cheap either a medium quality blow of coke is $50- 60 a gram. it's not just cocaine. For heroin the wholesale price for a kilogram in Britain was typically $US29,569, in America $US71,200, and in Australia a whopping $US221,304.
For ecstasy the wholesale price for 1000 tablets was $US10,000 in the US, $US6468 in Britain, and up to $US25,344 in Australia. Drug maybe cheap as dirt in other countries but here they are extremely expensive.

Miss_Mosher- cant argue with those points maybe shoes should become illegal along with cars and junk food and all that other stuff :D

Thomasssss- South Park and my other comment were two seperat things ( SOuth Park bit being a joke), and Teens would get Pot easy if they legalized it. juest as eay as they get smokes and alcohole these days, no matter what laws they put on pot if they legalize it youth will still get it if they want it.

Last edited:
Benjamind2010- Australian illegal drugs among world’s most expensive Actually Australia is the most expensive, major country to buy drugs. Please dont pull numbers out of thin air. And it's not just cocaine. For heroin the wholesale price for a kilogram in Britain was typically $US29,569, in America $US71,200, and in Australia a whopping $US221,304.
For ecstasy the wholesale price for 1000 tablets was $US10,000 in the US, $US6468 in Britain, and up to $US25,344 in Australia. Drug maybe cheap as dirt in other countries but here they are extremely expensive.

Miss_Mosher- cant argue with those points maybe shoes should become illegal along with cars and junk food and all that other stuff :D

Thomasssss- South Park and my other comment were to seperat things, and Teens would get Pot easy if they legalized it.

Illegalising online shopping in general would be amazing! Haha!

Yes. In my uneducated opinion simply making things illegal doesn't make them go away. The fact is there are people who will do things regardless of the legality. The only way to curb the very real dangers of all substances is to educate people on the dangers. Also ensuring the consequences affect just the individual (as much as reasonably possible) that made the decision and they should bear the responsibility.

Although I don't as of yet believe in legalising all substances in our current framework I do think that the above points need to be given more thought in the future.

-Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back