your views on calci-sand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

Reaction score
i am just setting up a new tank for a beardy and was thinking of trying the trex calci sand but i have red one bad report on it that it can block noses and solidify in stomachs etc just wondering if anyone has used it, because it comes in some really great colours and id like to try it but not at the expense of a life

on all the american forums they say its will cause impaction and eventually kill them. I dont have any experience and i've never seen it for sale in australia although I wouldn't use it. If you really like the look of sand I would just get some red desert sand.

thanks for the replies i wont bother with it, its for sale at the local petshop in my town (singleton hunter valley nsw) it comes in red, blue yellow and natural colours, thought it was to good to be true

lol i just get my sand from a stone mason, he gave me it for free :) and when you have to pay for it costs next to nothin
(you can also pick up nice rocks etc there)

i get my sand from the piliga srubb where i work, i think the pet industy is trying to sell you some thing that is just a substate ,some thing that is healthyfor you reptile by calling it calcium it's still a substrate and nothing more. i will probably get my ass kicked for this but so be it
mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back