Youth At The Zoo (YATZ)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone does YATZ or has done YATZ. What do you do there? There isn't that much info on the website so I'm hoping someone could help me out. Just to let me know what goes on.

Thanks
Ben

Next year I want to do, 'Kids To Keepers' course at the reptile park.

Yeah i thought about doing that.
Come on, someone must have done it.

I did it last year, alot of it is looking after kids that go there for holiday care. Some things i found really good like feeding giraffes and handling the reptiles in the education rooms, but i was doing it by myself and alot of the people were there with friends and werent extremely social. But doing the over night stays are really good and if they like you enough they have different oportunites where you can help with breeding programs.
I didnt do it again this year only because alot of it was just showing kids around and handing out pamphlets.

That sounded really negative. But it was a good experince but i would rather do volunteer work where i get to work with animals more frequently

I did it last year, alot of it is looking after kids that go there for holiday care. Some things i found really good like feeding giraffes and handling the reptiles in the education rooms, but i was doing it by myself and alot of the people were there with friends and werent extremely social. But doing the over night stays are really good and if they like you enough they have different oportunites where you can help with breeding programs.
I didnt do it again this year only because alot of it was just showing kids around and handing out pamphlets.

That sounded really negative. But it was a good experince but i would rather do volunteer work where i get to work with animals more frequently

Thanks, so are we really just paying them for something that they should be paying us to do?
Id love to volunteer but i'm not old enough yet :/

You chose like what you want to do each day. So there are different options. I think it was you can choose from taking the kids around for the day and looking after them, doing campaigning so like everyone would set up tables at different enclosures and like let people know about endangered animals and there were a few similar ones that i didnt do. You start early and work all day and it takess up alot of the holidays.
I'm glad i did it but i wouldnt do it again unless i was doing it with a friend because it can get pretty boring if you arent paired with good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back