Zing, the Ice Jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steedzy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce you all to my black & white Ice Jungle, Zing. I purchased her early this year (2011), when she was only a couple months old. As you can see by the photos, she started off really brown, but with every shed cycle her "black & white" has become even more intense to the point where she is now even beginning to show a slight hint of blue in her white areas. As she grows, I will continue to upload more photos of her progress for you guys to follow.

Attachments

• DSCN6735.jpg
    DSCN6735.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN6742.jpg
    DSCN6742.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN6801.jpg
    DSCN6801.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN6814.jpg
    DSCN6814.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 248
  • V;s pic3.JPG
    V;s pic3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 313
that is one amazing jungle! stunning! love the black and whites...

Thanks guys. Yeah shes a little gem, and very good to handle (A bit unusual for a Jungle). Heres a couple photos I just managed to get of her and her enclosure. You can really see the blue coming through in her white areas in these pics. Every time she goes through her shed cycle its coming through more and more. Cant wait to see what she looks like in a couple years time!

View attachment 220668
View attachment 220669
View attachment 220670
View attachment 220671

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really? I've noticed the last couple of posts I've tried putting pics up on haven't shown thumbnails. Do you have any ideas?

still nothing, so click go advanced then click managment then browse then your pic that you want then click done then click upload.

sorry its all good nice pic

is the ice jungle a julatten jungle mate?

Last edited:
Cool, I'll have to remember to upload them like that from now on. I'm not 100% sure if its a Julatten Jungle, the guy who sold her to me explained how he's managed to (over many generations) breed all the colour out to leave pure white. So what he used to begin with is up for speculation I guess. She does go a little towards brown/tanned just before she sheds, but once she does the white is crisp as, to the point where shes actually beginning to show signs of a slight 'blue' in some areas (mainly towards the tail end and belly). But as far as subspecies specifics, I really would be guessing mate.

I'm not 100% sure if its a Julatten Jungle, the guy who sold her to me explained how he's managed to (over many generations) breed all the colour out to leave pure white. So what he used to begin with is up for speculation I guess..

managed to breed them over many generations??? :shock:
no offence mate and I know your only repeating what you may have been told (or maybe you have the story mixed up) but thats a total load of nonesense in my humble opinion.. these so called "ice jungles" were purchased from simon stone from his SXR line jungles as far as Im aware. the particular SXR female threw some like this a few years back and your ones the would only be the offspring from these animals that were purchased at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back