Zoo experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
Hi all my question is if I hopefully get this volunteer work at Gosford reptile park would I "need" experience in snakes because as some of you might know I'm not allowed To get a snake not even a children's or Stimson's. So would that make a difference to my chance of being able to volunteer or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would probably need to ask the reptile park! I hope it doesn't, after all, the point of work experience is to gain experience and learn, not know everything before you start.

I think enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a good work ethic would be more important. I'm pretty sure they would be willing to teach you everything else.

Yeah I can see where both of you are coming from like I know the basics and am working at maccas so it won't be my first job but it will be my first job in the direction I want to head (if you know what I mean). And I want to do as best as I can so i can then head into some bigger zoos (taronga, Australian zoo)

Yeah I can see where both of you are coming from like I know the basics and am working at maccas so it won't be my first job but it will be my first job in the direction I want to head (if you know what I mean). And I want to do as best as I can so i can then head into some bigger zoos (taronga, Australian zoo)

I don't think taronga or Australia zoo is going to let you in with one years experience with a bearded dragon or two.

Yeah nahh I plan to be there a lot longer than a year and hopefully get a job there than move on after

Look up their website they have all the info on becoming a volunteer. Your experience should not matter as long as you are keen and can promise certain day/days to be there.

I did work experience there (I even did it while living in another state). I had reptiles at the time, but it wasn't necessary. The other girl I did it with didn't even like working with the reptiles.

If you do end up getting, then have fun. It was one of the best weeks of my life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back