Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what happens then if you are out herping and come across an albino speices, and how do these blokes out their aquire there albinos legitimatly from the wild.

well (this is just a guess) I would think that you would have to contact national parks and wild life asking for permission to take them out of the wild because they wont be able to survive because of their white colour. Seeing as it would make it almost impossible to camouflage so it would make it easier for them to be eaten, or something like that, correct me if I am wrong.

"Legitimately" and "from the wild" are not normally seen together, sometimes the words "loop holes" are seen with "from the wild" or mostly no words are used at all and it just came to be.

I dont think they would let the average joe do that at all.

There would be dodgy ways to do it, if you dont mind a little law breaking and fraud:rolleyes:

Donk

what happens then if you are out herping and come across an albino speices, and how do these blokes out their aquire there albinos legitimatly from the wild.

They could take it from the wild, determine sex and buy the other sex to create hets (obviously they would "breed" one less then they actually bred). They would probably keep this quiet over a few generations to avoid suspicion.

I do not advocate this as it would be breaking forum rules, however there are very few avenues for enthusiasts to remove animals from the wild in NSW at least. This would be the likely one to explore as your chance of spotting the albino once would be low, let alone twice. :)

only a few more hours to go .. till i have you all eating out of my hands...

I don't believe it would. If it has lived this far that should mean that the it is a strong and healthy animals, which would produce a strong and healthy line. There will be albino beardies on the market soon enough, not necessarily from Bob Withey's line...

Kane,
I'd be very surprised if albino beardie ever become established. I've had several in my care over the years and they have all died and so has Bob and a few others. None have even come close to surviving long term. They are probably the most commonly bred reptile in the world so you would assume that if albinos were to survive they would of done so by now.

arent iguanas and turtles more common i mean globally? i dont mean to post this to correct you man, but im interested to know if beardies being australian are so common all over the world? its amazing to me that we are so protective of our wildlife yet we export it with no problems>?!?! weird right? or is it just me?

well any show i watch that shows some ones reptile collection from over seas they alwas seem to have a beardy.

Kane,
I'd be very surprised if albino beardie ever become established. I've had several in my care over the years and they have all died and so has Bob and a few others. None have even come close to surviving long term. They are probably the most commonly bred reptile in the world so you would assume that if albinos were to survive they would of done so by now.

I thought the subject was about albino eastern water dragons not beardeds

I thought the subject was about albino eastern water dragons not beardeds
The beardies were used as an example of breeding albino animals earlier in the thread, it's just a continuation of that and the logistics of albino ewd offspring surviving.:D

Your running out of times for pics, im already full of doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back