Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both these photo's are about a year old, So how much do you guys think he is worth?

Last edited:
Perhaps $10000-25000, hard to say really.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow mate if i ever see you in real life i will apologise without a doubt . you sure showed all of us. and good on your doing it too. great stuff. :D

ESD price

Hes a nice animal..... An i am sure the photos do not do him justice......

He is Rare in captivity.....

AS to what he is worth..... As much as someone is prepared to pay..............

SO the average joe/jill would miss out as there are too many people willing to mortgage there house to get one in the hope of a quick dollar from his matings........

I know it doesnt give you a dollar vaule,but i certainly would be buying a green tree python before one of those.... For me personally albino or not its an eastern water dragon. Readily available . Now if it was an albino knobtail..... whooaaa...

LOL.

cheers and good luck
Michael

True it's only an EWD, but the melanistic blueys are only blueys (normally cheaper than EWD) and i'd happily pay $2000+ each for those.

SNAP! everyone just got showed up.. excellent EWD there mate, seems your mate has himself a deposit on a house arte a car or 2 either buy sellign it or breeding it

My mate adam (addy, the owner of the lizard) is joining the forum now, just having trouble activating his account, apparently. I guess he'll tell you why he thinks it's a male.

i told ya it is true lol the bloke in the pic is my m8 from martial arts he is a decent lookin dragon he has better pics n his phone hehe lol i think 10k up

took a few days to get the pic up, were you having troubles with photoshop?

lol :)

nice EWD mate!

The reason for this post was to find out what this guy is worth. If its a male then it is obviously worth 3 times as much as a female. I say that because he will easily throw 3 times as many het babies this season.

BUT..... I doubt people would tell you what they would be willing to pay for it.

Sure, there are lots of speculators on here that will say what they think it is worth but I would doubt that any of them would hand over the cash if it was offered to them at their stated price. Because of that, I wont tell you what I think it is worth. After all I am unlikely to be a potential buyer so my opinion is worth squat.

If you think that it is worth $10,000 and at that price you would prefer to sell it (one in the hand sort of thing) then offer it for sale. If at $10,000 you would keep it then put it up at $20,000. If no one replies then you know it is worth less than 20k. If you sell it then maybe you didn't ask enough.

But whatever you do either sell it or breed it.

And dont post adds saying things like "urgently wanted - 2 to 3 female water dragons"

Herpie Boy said:
what happens then if you are out herping and come across an albino speices, and how do these blokes out their aquire there albinos legitimatly from the wild.

well (this is just a guess) I would think that you would have to contact national parks and wild life asking for permission to take them out of the wild because they wont be able to survive because of their white colour. Seeing as it would make it almost impossible to camouflage so it would make it easier for them to be eaten, or something like that, correct me if I am wrong.

NSW NPWS will NOT give you permission to take an albino from the wild. If its mutant colouring will result in a premature death, then so be it. That's natural selection at work.

:p

Hix

This is probably not a ewise thing publicising this lizard. You may end up losing loosing this lizard if it does get found out by npws that its illegal, and next think you know snake ranch will have albino easties:p

But if i were you two i would keep and breed it and not tell anyone that asks where you live...........

NSW NPWS will NOT give you permission to take an albino from the wild. If its mutant colouring will result in a premature death, then so be it. That's natural selection at work.

Hix
What will happen now with this lizard if the npws get their hands on it?

I haven't seen anything to say that this lizard was taken from the wild.

I was simply responding to some statements made by members who were thinking about what would happen if you saw one in the wild.

I'm certainly not suggesting that NJLocksmith or his mate Addy have done that.

dragon_tail said:
i dont mean to post this to correct you man, but im interested to know if beardies being australian are so common all over the world? its amazing to me that we are so protective of our wildlife yet we export it with no problems>?!?! weird right? or is it just me?

We don't "export with no problems" - you cannot export native wildlife. Only zoos can do that, and only to send to other zoos. Beardies were exported a long time ago before the current laws were in place. And they are very popular in the States and also in the UK. They've been breeding them for years.

Hix

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one awsome dragon :D wouldn't be prepared to pay an arm or a leg for it though.. well would if i had plenty of spare $ lying around. One can only wish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back