Bynoes gecko vs golden tail gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke, you could possibly go for the 30x30x30, I'm sure people do, but they are climbers so I would give them the extra height of the 45high one.

Get both! Neither takes up all that much space and if you breed your own food, they cost next to nothing to maintain.

I'd definately recommend a terrestrial species for a first gecko, although if you love the Golden-taileds, there's no harm going for them.

There are at least four different species of "Bynoe's Geckoes", three of which are sexual (reproduce normally with males and females) and one which is entirely female and reproduces by each female cloning herself. If you want something really nifty, you could go for something which is a clone of a lizard which was around over 100,000 years ago :)

Here are pictures of some clones :)

Sandstorm_yum_yum.jpg

Sandstormfebb132005downsizedpic.jpg

HappySandstorm.jpg

The different species look and behave differently. The Clone Geckoes are quite diurnal. None of them are particularly good handlers, but I have one Clone (one individual) which I've handled every now and again since she hatched, and she handles pretty well.

Nephrurus levis and milii are also great species for beginners.

Get both! Neither takes up all that much space and if you breed your own food, they cost next to nothing to maintain.

I'd definately recommend a terrestrial species for a first gecko, although if you love the Golden-taileds, there's no harm going for them.

There are at least four different species of "Bynoe's Geckoes", three of which are sexual (reproduce normally with males and females) and one which is entirely female and reproduces by each female cloning herself. If you want something really nifty, you could go for something which is a clone of a lizard which was around over 100,000 years ago :)

Here are pictures of some clones :)

Sandstorm_yum_yum.jpg

Sandstormfebb132005downsizedpic.jpg

HappySandstorm.jpg

The different species look and behave differently. The Clone Geckoes are quite diurnal. None of them are particularly good handlers, but I have one Clone (one individual) which I've handled every now and again since she hatched, and she handles pretty well.

Nephrurus levis and milii are also great species for beginners.

Thats gorgeous!

gee thanks sdaji, im going to get the golden tails first, and ever since i saw your add in RA of the bynoes geckos ive wanted one so thats next after that. it was 360 wasnt it

hey could i ask those who keep golden tails, how much there basic set up was (not including anything like waterfalls, just the basic stuff....i can't work it out.
thanks guys,

Luke

i think it is about $336 dollars roughly. anyone got anything else thats better

The golden-tails are delightful little lizards and relatively easy to look after too....just watch out for their tail spray.

Rocket: thanks, I'll need it, no, unfortunatly i don't have one lined up from a breeder:cry::cry::cry:...YET...:D:D:D i just ain't know anyone in NSW who sells em.

Veredus: i love the golden tails, they look awsome, I'll be ready for that sticky stuff. if i do shows when im old enough im going to show people that. as long as the gecko doesn't get stressed by it.

Can anyone tell me a breeder in NSW of golden tails and how much a full set up is roughly...or was i right:rolleyes:

Luke1: Basically everything thats already been said is suffice. I imagine your steering clear of using tubs and what them more as a show piece for your room or something along that line. If thats the case, use the tank you mentioned you have spare and simply make up a mesh lid as ari suggested. That way your only going to be up for lid/mesh materials (<$15), substrate (river sand est. $5/bag), 10.0 UVA/UVB globe($?), and an Es socket (approx. $30). In all less than about $80.

Then 1-2 gecko @ around $150.

Complete Setup and Gex $380.

I'll likely have some available around xmas, and i'm in wollongong. Pm if you are interested.

hey could i ask those who keep golden tails, how much there basic set up was (not including anything like waterfalls, just the basic stuff....i can't work it out.
thanks guys,

Luke

Hi Luke,
We breed Golden tails and keep ours outside in small enclosures that we made for around $50. The cages can hang from hooks or stand upright. We have them hanging from an awning so they get the morning UV and at night leave a fluoro on so that they can eat their fill on moths. Really tame gecko and all hand feed and don't hide all the time as others do.

Cheers,

Craig

Luke - You should be able to find plenty of breeders in Sydney - however, don't rule out importing if you find the right animal, it is easy as pie...

yea, i know, its just all that stuff you got to do and crap stuff, you may know with the NPWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back