Enclosure temp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakethesnake

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My carpet/darwin python is 3 months old. I got him about a month ago and he settled in really well. Loves to bask up Hugh, feeding well and has pooped twice.

I'm a bit confused as to what temp I should have the enclosure. I live in SE qld (logan) and have the enclosure set at 32°c during the day and set to not go lower 22°c during the night.

He has been in his hide for about 4 days straight. He is alive and occasionally pokes his head out. Do I have the temp too low? Being part darwin carpet should he have more heat? It's feeding day and I'm hoping he will eat. He hasn't pooped since last feed. I know that's normal. I'm just really confused about temp. He is in a reptile one glass enclosure.

Thank you

whats the actual temperature at his basking spot? you could have the thermostat set to 32, but the spot the snakes actually sitting at could be a few degrees of.

assuming all is right, those temps are good.

does he come out at night when all lights are off?

whats the actual temperature at his basking spot? you could have the thermostat set to 32, but the spot the snakes actually sitting at could be a few degrees of.

assuming all is right, those temps are good.

does he come out at night when all lights are off?
His hide at the bottom is saying 30.7°c. At night time he usually comes out and lays under the moonlight, except the past few days. Haven't seen him out at all.

He just came out for a feed which went well and noticed his eyes are cloudy, he must be getting ready to shed. Maybe this is why he has been quiet?
I have added a photo of his hide at the bottom. He barely fits in it but he loves it more than others I have given him

Attachments

• 20240329_132236.jpg
    20240329_132236.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 0
Back