Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should name and shame this shop ,if only to save someone else going through the heartache that your facing now.I am following your story and I am in tears ,I have a 6 month old spotted python and I would be beside myself if anything were to happen to her. I can only hope that someone can help you diagnose it. Alot of people seem to be following this and everybody seems to feel for your situation.

Try and leave it be for the night.
I think your options are done for the night.
Call the shop first thing though

i left it in a plastic tub that the pet shop gave me as i have a 4ft enclosure and the snake is still so small, i am starting to hink it has something to do with wat the ppl in the pet shop sparyed her with b4 i left with her?

That sounds highly likely. So you have no idea what it was? and have you sprayed anything onto or into her click clack? A bath to dilute the spray may help, but it could also stress her too much, hard to say without seeing her.

I would even tell them you are returning the python first thing even if it comes good.
Whatever has happened could effect it growing up too.

There are good breeders on her that live locally and can drop a python over to you.
You will save money too.
I don't even want to know what it cost you from a pet shop.

thankyou everyone for all your help and support, i hope that she makes it through the night, if she does i will be straight to the shop in the morning with her, and demand to know wats goin on as this is now the second snake in 2 weeks that im having to return for sum reason first it was mites now it could be poisoning? im really not happy, and i can just see wat they'll say, it was sum how my fault and that i did something wrong! :(

no have no idea wat they sprayed her with all i know is it was clear made up mixture, and i didn't spray her with anything or spray anything in her plastic tub

thanks anyway everyone, i really appreciate all the helf and advise, if she makes it till morning i will take her back and ask for my money back, and if anyone has any good temp snakes for sale i would really love to hear from you! thanx again everyone...

mmmmm, id definatly say poisoning aswell. i cant think of anything else that would make it so sick so quick. i very much doubt temps, stress, cage size etc would effect it this quickly to this extent. good luck, hope it all works out!! id make sure its temps are right and try leave it alone to rest for the night, put it somewhere quite and darkish and make sure its got plenty of fresh air. i dont think theres a real lot else you can do. make sure its got something to hide in too.

ive put a small box inside that she can hide under which is also dark, shes still breathing which is good, im just praying she makes it through the night! fingers crossed, have to wait and see, hopefully she just comes good!

Hi Jessica85,any news on the little Darwin this morning.If in fact it does die,Do NOT get another snake from this petshop,the first one had mites,now this one may have been poisoned.They should refund you,if anything happens to this one.Depending on what species your after their should be some reputable breeders down your way..Best of luck with the Darwin,it is a nice one also.

she has made it through the night, thank god, will be off to the vet this morning!!

good to hear, i'd just take her back and get a refund and leave them to deal with the problem, spose a vet opinion will support your case... they'll probably try and tell you it's something you did but drill them anyway. and there is plenty of good breeders on here, that'll surely have a herp of your liking:)

Good I'm glad to read that she made it through the night ,,,, Ive been reading the thread but didnt have any advise to give so ive been sitting quiet :) I hope it all works out for Her

IMO it sounds like heat stroke, are you sure you didn't place the plastic tub under the light too long and overheat it? it's the risk you take using the lights to heat a click clack instead of a heatmat and thermostate.

Hope it gets better for you there a great python and it look nice in the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back