My fish tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHappy

Reaction score
I was going through photos and thought I'd post a pic of my tank. The weed I have in there now is different to the one in the pic.

Attachments

• Aug-sep 2006 035.jpg
    Aug-sep 2006 035.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 289
Bit small i think, you should try and get a bigger one :lol:

Very impressive mate. Can you provide some info on it? Dimensions, construction, glass thickness, species etc? It looks like it sits proud of the wall, does it? If so, does it still have a standard glass bottom?

Try not to put a pool cue through it.
That could be a little messy.

Nic tank.

Designed and built myself. Base is concrete slab 110mm thick. Sides and back are concrete blocks filled solid. There is actually a bedroom and office behind it.5m long, 80cm deep, 1m high - which equates to 4000L or 4 tonne of water. The 'glass' is actually two pieces of 30mm thick acrylic (can hit it with a hammer/pool ball:lol: etc. without it breaking).
It's a community tank.

thats fricken MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!

nice one mate :D

Gorgeous tank!! But don't you think its a little small ;):p
How long does it take to clean and change all the fixtures in there, if you don't mind me asking..?

Stunning :D Thanks for sharing.. (Just a tad envious now lol)

Not sure what you mean by fixtures. I drop 1000L of water every fortnight (onto my garden). This can take a few hours depending on how many siphon hoses I use. When I replant the tank out I have to get in to do that, and I give the acrylic a clean then. I only do this once or twice a year.
It's fairly easy to look after actually. The only problem is trying to catch a fish if you want it out. I have to set traps and try to trick them into nets etc. One fish (a rainbow) took me months of trying on and off before I got that out.

OMG it is awsome:shock::D
To think I sold my aulonocara's to make room for my snakes when all I needed to do was knock a wall out and build a tank. I read up on plywood tanks etc but that is something else. Fantastic:D:D:D

What fitration are you running

That is the biggest tank I have seen
Looks amazing

that looks awsome, i'm realy jelous now. wish i could have a tank that size in my wall ! :D what species have you got in there at the moment ?

Absolutely amazing! I dream of having something like that one day.
What species do you have in your community?

God I have such rubbish aquarium skills... My little tanks holding my crayfish go greeny black ssoooo fast - algae just LOVES the glass.. If I had a tank that big you couldn't see through it.. I'd need to clean it once a week not once a year!

It's awesome!

wow, Impressive! 0.0

I'm with PhilK, I don't think I could manage to upkeep something that huge. My aquarium skills are not fantastic.

Wow, I would love to have an aquarium like that! Very nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back