My fish tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the right filtration and tank position in the house a tank isn't that hard to keep clean

Thanks for the comments everyone. It has always been my dream to have a big tank, ever since I was a kid. I've had aquariums since I was very young (but parents wouldn't let me get a snake).
The filtration is underneath the tank - gravity fed from one end into filter wool, through bioballs, into a settling sump and pumped back into the other end. As simple as that.
I have a lot of different fish - plecos (my favourite), corydoras, flying fox, bristlenose, cynadontis sp?, different types of gouramis, black widows, tiger barbs, clown loaches, all the different 'sharks' (red fin, red tail and albinos of both), platys, swordtails, guppies and I've had the smaller tetras but something's eating them. I got rid of my huge angels because they used to round them up, but something's still getting them.
The schooling fish look the best, especially when I have fifty neons swimming together.
Rebbellybite, part of the cost goes to the bedroom and office behind it since it's their walls. The acrylic was going to cost nearly $10 000 if I wanted it in one full piece (had to come from overseas) so instead I went for two pieces (that's why there's a black strip down the middle - $7000 cheaper). All the black border is actually stainless steel. One piece had to come from Melbourne and another from Brisbane.
All worth it though.

You wouldnt want to be moving it in a hurry! Was the slabs poured in the house or is the whole tank able to be fully pulled down and moved to the next house? But It looks great!

It stays where it is. We bricked up to the slab height (supports between cupboards as well as back wall) and then poured the slab on top of these bricks. We then continued bricking up to the ceiling. I will have to find the photos I took at each stage and post them.

Here are some of the different stages.

Attachments

• beginning tank.jpg
    beginning tank.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 81
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 000_0181.jpg
    000_0181.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 000_0187.jpg
    000_0187.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 84
  • family pics 06-07 009.jpg
    family pics 06-07 009.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 86
Now i see it it looks much bigger with people standing in front good work looks great why dont you try a pig-nosed turtle ther fully aqutic:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back