Violent Break and Enter at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my partner was saying how could he get into those enclosures shouldnt everything be locked so things dont get stolen etc?
i dont no its just horrible :(

I hope the punishment he gets is having to do community service at the park, so he gains a respect for them, and hopefully some of the staff can help change his attitudes and put him back on the right track.
Pffffffft. Are you kidding? He will get NO punishment. I doubt even from his parents. How could they let him wander by himself at 8am!

It's disgusting.

i feel sick but i can't stop reading this thread, i think juvie/detention centre or something needs to be done, the parents should go to jail & pay for everything (not that the poor animals can be replaced). the boy should be in juvie until he turns 18 then jailed forever, or just killed. I wish they would tell us his name. If we knew he would have about 1 minute to live! he is a waste of space on this planet & shouldn't be given this attention that he obviously is craving & receiving. i don't care for his age & reason for doing this. He & other drop kick losers need to realise that they can;t get away with this, no matter your age.

i need a shot of southern now.

missllamathuen, there are a number of things that he could have had to help break locks. In fact, he could have stolen the keys.

Was his name mentioned in any article? That's something I would have done if I were the reporter. Let the whole neighbourhood judge him.

Yeah, Mr Neindorf was probably so 'saddened that someone so young' had performed these acts because nothing can be done to the little b****rd coz of his age!! At least if it were someone of age they'd be punished. Hopefuly the parents are.

Those parents should be ashamed of themselves, not just because of the crime but for letting a SEVEN YEAR OLD KID out of their sight! What an irresponsible mother.

well put zobo.
I think we all agree, BAR ONE. if anyone thinks its ok for a 7yr old to do what he did and plenty of other kids and say there kids, they shouldntbe punished for being kids.. YES THEY SHOULD!you know why?because the parent never punished them which is why they are the way they are. its the parents yes, but whos going to change the parents? any child that does such disgusting behaviour should not be on easy st. they are the ones that get away with it and turn out to be rapists, serial killers etc. so NO sorry that you think kids should be aloud to get away with it. how come we all got kicked up the bum(no my mother never actually kicked me up the bum but i was raised strict) its the new youths that havnt been taught, so as far as im concerened, if the parents dont teach them, either the parents should be held fully responsible or he child should be put away to learn. simple!and i wont be changing my mind over it. so dont try change words that kids are kids. thats not a normal childs life!i dont care whos fault it is but it happened, and it will keep happening untill laws put there *********** foot down!

///and for all others that are saying to burn the kid alive.

You guys are all fools. This kid is SEVEN years old. I see 7yos all the time whacking their little sisters over the head. Does that mean I should go and king-hit him in return?
When I was seven years old I used to dig apart ants nests just for fun, should I have had ants poured into my bed?
Just yesterday I saw a kid throw a rock and hit another kid, should I have grabbed the nearest rock and hurled it at him too?

Kids will be kids. There are always going to be terrors that take things too far. You guys are all being even more sadistic, thinking of these wicked punishments for him.

This is more appropriate.

I'm sorry but i don't see anything i've said about the kid as harsh. I just suggested he needs punishment for his actions.. Is it so outrageous to suggest a SEVEN YEAR OLD who has BROKEN INTO SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY and KILLED THEIR ANIMALS for his own enjoyment needs something done to tell him that it's not ok to do this kind of thing?

What kind of message is this kid going to get if nothing is done? I'll tell you, it'll be "Hey it's ok to do anything at all you want because you won't get in trouble!". Seriously, what he has done is not just "typical kid behavour" it's the begining, or maybe not if the police already know of him, of his criminal career.

i feel sick but i can't stop reading this thread, i think juvie/detention centre or something needs to be done, the parents should go to jail & pay for everything (not that the poor animals can be replaced). the boy should be in juvie until he turns 18 then jailed forever, or just killed. I wish they would tell us his name. If we knew he would have about 1 minute to live! he is a waste of space on this planet & shouldn't be given this attention that he obviously is craving & receiving. i don't care for his age & reason for doing this. He & other drop kick losers need to realise that they can;t get away with this, no matter your age.

i need a shot of southern now.

i beleive its best described as an oxygen theif

I think alot of the responsibility lies with the parents. We need licenses to keep reptiles, drive cars and so on but any idiot can have kids, there are no restrictions there. This whole thing made me feel sick and want to cry. I can't believe a child could do that, and I know some kids are rat bags but what he did was down right sadistic and just plain cruel.
I also agree that if he is too young to be punished, which I don't think he is, then his parents need to take responsibility for the childs actions, fine them, and if they won't pay take it straight out of their welfare. If they are held responsible for his actions it might make them take note of what he does and where he goes.

point and fact the child is most likely neglected or abused by his parents, (no excuse) in order to do somthing like this even if your an uneducated looser you have to have some wiring wrong in your brain, he will almost definantly escelate to more violent crimes probably against people. and nothing will be done about it for 3 reasons 1. hes seven 2. the australian gov still feel the pang of guilt for all the crime commited against the abborigines 3. he mentaly stuffed punishing him will probably just make it worse
only solution for people like him (sociopaths) put em down same with rapeists and pedos for the same reason. you average person simply could not do that we have moral buffers in place that would prevent it. trying to rehabilitate somebody who is wired wrong is pointless, look at the stats re offence rates are very high with these sorts of crimes. only solution is to put them down, but not as a form of punishment but as a way to protect wild life and the public.

Bah... you're all so quick to blame the parents...

But where was the society they've needed for the years... Long since abandoned them I believe.

Sad... but maybe some positives can come of this - maybe this boy will learn what he has done and will grow up successful and maybe even become a carer himself.

I don't profess to saying I am right - but I am not beating down the doors without first knowing the entire history and chain of events that lead to this horrific incident.

Oh - and those who think he's going to become a mass murderer - think again. Generally those that 'torture' animals are likely to move on - this wasn't torture -t his was no different than instinctive spear throwing.

Chris (below) - you don't need outside influences or a messed up brain - much of this 'killing' is instinctive - we've had it locked away in our brains for centuries - just because you don't kill your food doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

None the less - I revert back to my first statement that often many fail to see - but society is the one to blame - we've long forgotten our roots and our ability to be a pack animal. We've lost the way we used to help each other in our village or tribe... We're lucky if we even say hi to each other in the street now-a-days. Society is the thing that's long forgotten.

Incidentally - what this boy did wasn't right, clearly, nor did he have any real reason... but don't be too quick to pass the blame and condemn this boy for life - he's got a very good chance now to learn and be educated... he should learn the way his people used the land and he should become part of it *again* - he has that as a chance - or will the world and society just persecute them.

Voice of reason is often only whispered and seldom heard.

Last edited:
i really cant think of any outside influences that could make this seem acceptable,.....i agree theres some wrong wiring in his brain.

knowing why he did it may help but if he is sick in the head no amount of help will actually change anything there are no medications for a sociopath they have no concept of what they are doing is actually hurting somthing or someone or they just dont care they are beyond saveing and will be nothing more than, if left free a danger to society or if locked up and "rehabilitated" a drain there is imo no reason to try just bury him.

knowing why he did it may help but if he is sick in the head no amount of help will actually change anything there are no medications for a sociopath they have no concept of what they are doing is actually hurting somthing or someone or they just dont care they are beyond saveing and will be nothing more than, if left free a danger to society or if locked up and "rehabilitated" a drain there is imo no reason to try just bury him.

Maybe read my above statement - your POV is very strong - and clearly a condemning one.

why exaggerate the headline and call it a violent break and enter. A seven year old cannot commit a violent crime. They're too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back